• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    A 9-year-old boy killed in Chicago this week was "lured" into an alley and shot in a gang-related attack, authorities said. "Tyshawn Lee was murdered in probably the most abhorrent, cowardly, unfathomable crime that I've witnessed in 35 years of policing," Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told reporters Thursday. "We're pretty certain that this is not an accident. He was not a bystander." The child was targeted, according to McCarthy, because of his "family relationship with a member of a gang." When asked which family member, he identified the boy's father. "Tyshawn's father has ties to a certain gang that is in conflict with another gang," McCarthy said. The father, Pierre Stokes, is not cooperating with police. He told the Chicago Tribune earlier this week that he thought his son's shooting was deliberate. "If it wasn't a target, he wouldn't have got hit so many times in the back and the face," said Stokes. "I think he was targeted." The Chicago newspaper also reported that Stokes disagreed with what police have said about him, but did not talk specifically about whether he belonged to a gang. McCarthy told reporters investigators believe Tyshawn's death on Monday was the latest in a series of gang-related events that go back as far as August or earlier. Police are looking for a number of people, he said, not just one person. No arrests have been made in Tyshawn's case. McCarthy asked anyone with information to step forward. Authorities are offering a $35,000 reward. The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a priest and local faith leader in Chicago and outspoken advocate against gun violence, offered to pay to relocate any witnesses who feel they would be in danger for providing information. "What happened to Tyshawn Lee took us to a new low," Pfleger said. "This wasn't a drive-by. This was not a spray of bullets. A baby was executed. A baby was assassinated right behind us in this alley." McCarthy agreed. "This is a different level," the superintendent said. "These are noncombatants now being assassinated."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "If it wasn't a target, he wouldn't have got hit so many times in the back and the face," said Stokes. "I think he was targeted."

How about if you weren't a scumbag criminal, your son might not have been killed.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Chicago could care less about the violence, the more the better as that is how they get paid, cut off the federal dollars and let the city clean itself up...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It would appear that Chicago is rapidly becoming the "new" New York when it comes to crime! Yet another reason I'll never willingly visit that [STRIKE]town[/STRIKE]cesspool.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Shooting victims in Chicago - Crime in Chicagoland It just got worse.This weekend equalled all of last years totals.I do believe the large Democratic controlled cities are letting this crime get out of control for a REASON.
    You mean they matched last year's total with the year to date total this year, not that this weekend equaled last years total. There is a big difference there.

Statistics seem to say that crime in general is going down. It is mostly the gangs killing each other and those nearby that are the problem.
    How are the Democrats allowing these gangs to shoot each other?

How would you propose that they put a stop to it in a constitutional manner?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I absolutely refuse to let myself or any of the liberty-minded Americans I associate with be lumped-in with (and therefore be subject to any laws passed in response to the behavior of) animals like these gang-bangers. No more "compromises". Not now, not ever.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    You mean they matched last year's total with the year to date total this year, not that this weekend equaled last years total. There is a big difference there.

Statistics seem to say that crime in general is going down. It is mostly the gangs killing each other and those nearby that are the problem.
    How are the Democrats allowing these gangs to shoot each other?

How would you propose that they put a stop to it in a constitutional manner?
    Sorry about the Symantics.You ask questions,maybe this is the answer?Discussion of Chicago's crime problems ignore what Rahm ... Looks like the police cuts may not have been a good idea.

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    I just read something on Facebook that the mom of this boy set up a GoFundMe account and then bought a new car. She was defending her actions of buying the new car with the money raised for her boys funeral. So things just got worse in Chicago....!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sorry about the Symantics.You ask questions,maybe this is the answer?Discussion of Chicago's crime problems ignore what Rahm ... Looks like the police cuts may not have been a good idea.
    Probably not, but they are not the root cause of nor would they have prevented these shootings.

I don't know what the answer is to stop them. We can't just round them up and lock them away. Although the Escape from New York solution would seem to be a good solution.

The gang-bangers have no respect for life. It has been a while building to where we are and there is no quick and easy fix to the issue.

Top Bottom