• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Please post up if you find out when the committee hearings will be, I am going to try to come up and testify at the committee and the floor if it will do any good.

Soon as I know - but House Pub Policy is notoriously a short notice event. This is why we need a team. If I can get away for it I will too.

(We're like Revere's Mechanics watching the Lobsterbacks movement approaching April 1775.)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Soon as I know - but House Pub Policy is notoriously a short notice event. This is why we need a team. If I can get away for it I will too.

(We're like Revere's Mechanics watching the Lobsterbacks movement approaching April 1775.)

I'm in BB3. I'll touch base with my boss, he was cool with "on stand-by for HB 1424" so this should be ok. I can go 3-5 minutes on anything.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    What about churches that meet in schools?
    I agree w/ Kirk, do away with the prohibition in schools altogether!

Per Senator Sandlin's testimony and Q/A provided at the Sen Judiciary Hearing - that is not part of this bill ...
    and I was hoping it could be added as a "new campus" of my church - much closer to home - is leasing a school gym on Sundays (only day there) for services.
    (I would and might ask Guy for more insight into the leased building thing though)

Some baby steps are good - in this case I think so.
    As this starts to loosen that barrier more - 2 years ago - you couldn't even lock a gun in the parking lot in these instances.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And if you are a minister of a church that is affected by this law, come testify. Best to hear from those in the trenches.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It looks like SB 33 is week behind SB 237 (changes LTCH 4 year to 5 for NICS exemption). If so SB 33 will be referred to the Public Policy Committee this week. It seems like things move faster in short session, faster by government standards that is...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Back in a few minutes but it looks like only 2 wednesday hearings for public policy committee
    14th and 21st and committee reports may be due by 28th ... gotta go find the links.

Senate has a bit longer.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Back in a few minutes but it looks like only 2 wednesday hearings for public policy committee
    14th and 21st and committee reports may be due by 28th ... gotta go find the links.

Senate has a bit longer.

my minutes are really long ... (or its been a long day perhaps) ...

Found the "senate calendar" - https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/senate/session_calendar/

The "House Calendar" - Indiana General Assembly, 2018 Session

and the House master meeting schedule - Indiana General Assembly, 2018 Session
    note they Can schedule meet extra times - but it is unlikely - and committee reporst are due the 27th - so there are only 2 "committee days" for the house.

While I like the idea of a part time legislature - not even having time the 3rd committee hearings ... almost seem like we're not getting our $'s worth.

I started to see how many potential bills will go to public policy - but I gave up - more work then worth to the reward.

Top Bottom