• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I'm gearing up to go camping for a few days. Most likely will get permission from a landowner who has a lot of acres, and is gun friendly. Question is, can I bring my Mosin along? I'd like to maybe shoot it some during the day, but I know you can't hunt with a high powered rifle in Indiana, is it illegal to go camping with one? What about if it was state forestry? Thanks in advance!

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Not a lawyer, nor do I play one with my wife(Ex), so having said that. You can shoot it, you can carry it. Private property or in the forestry. Unless you shoot a deer, etc. you are not hunting. You can carry it for self protection, for whatever.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    take the SKS while you're at it.... we need to do some camping this summer

I like packing the mosin around for some reason. Might have to just be practical thought and bring a .22. We will camp very shortly I promise you that. 84Vette cant come though....he gets a little handsy come nightfall...:dunno:

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Now that is disappointing, and im not sure exactly what "handsy" means so I will just do my own camping with my own whiskey.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Sorry I should have clarified. If they have a designated shooting range it is okay but to just shoot wherever in the woods is not. I use Yellowood a lot and it would be nice if they had a place to target shoot but they do not only discharge a firearm there while hunting or in self defense obviously.

Top Bottom