Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I think the performance, durability, simplicity of design and function combined with a competitive price as well as the fact that there are 5000+ aftermarket parts make them a very popular handgun. Thus a lot of people buy a lot of them and end up selling them off as they purchase new ones. My :twocents:.

I'm researching my 2nd Glock right now!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I also would say the reason you see so many are because of the amount of them out there. Percentage wise I don't think that is any higher than any other gun on the market as far as their being sold used. A couple of other things to consider would be that you don't see them for sale for very long before someone buys them, and as far as resale value I think in consideration of the amount the retail for vs the amount the sell for used is still a pretty good as far as holding their value. Yes you usually can find them for $100 to $150 off of the retail price but that also holds up even for generation 1's & 2's.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I had a glock years ago when people liked to say plastic guns were junk. Glocks are fine guns, but for me it was as simple as they don't fit my hand right and an XDM or a M&P does. That's why I no longer have a glock.

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I had a glock years ago when people liked to say plastic guns were junk. Glocks are fine guns, but for me it was as simple as they don't fit my hand right and an XDM or a M&P does. That's why I no longer have a glock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlodGEp_9o]YouTube - McKenzie - 11yo Girl at Shooting Range #3 of #3[/ame]

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    People aquire, and tire, eventually want something new and can't justify mre till they get rid of some. you have several taurus guns probaly because of your experience with them,. If I fell in love with my glock and then wanted a gun in another caliber I may look at glock first based on past experience. so if I need to get rid of guns I will most likeley have several glocks to chose from. IF you look and keep track, ( keep in mind how many are produced in comparison to glocks) you will occasionaly see kimbers for sale, Colts even old series '70s gold cups, what ever gun is made, is bound to be available to make it to the secondary market.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    You may consider that items for sale seem to come in spurts. I've got an xd for sale; so that mean that they are completely junk? Personal taste, and what you can do with the gun is what counts.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    From personal experience. I think the reason Glocks are so popular is because, ease of cleaning, so many accessories, easy to change out parts, very easy to learn how to use, being there are no external safety's, and for the fact that they can be very very reliable. Not to mention how seeing everyone from cop's to the FBI use it, there are plenty of spare parts/magazines laying around at cheap prices.

Another factor also could be some people like it, because everyone knows what a Glock is from movies, to video games, to even music lyrics.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    "Can anyone tell me why, if Glocks are so good, why do so many people have them up for sale"?

I'd really like to know:dunno:

Ever notice how fast they sell? Ponder that for a bit...

Bottom line is many people like them, some people don't.

I've been in spots, more than once this year, where I needed cash quickly, guess what I sold because I knew is would sell fast?

I don't think I've seen a glock ever not sell here on INGO, unless the asking price was just stupid high...

I personally have my G23 has my "combat/carry" handgun. It ain't there to be pretty, it ain't there to shoot 1" holes in paper at 25 yards. It's there to do what it does.

Someday I'll get a pretty gun to show off, but for now I have the ugly bi*** that just works.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    :rolleyes:I went to the springfield site. I couldn't find a glock copy. Only 1911's, M1a'a and XD's. When is the glock copy coming out.

You're seriously not trying to say that the XD, Sigma and M&P line aren't a copy of the Glock are you?

That's like saying they didn't copy the 1911 design from Colt...

fnl388w

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Gary
    They are truly revolutionary pistols. I always thought that Glocks were nothing special, but then I shot one. ;) Not too many people know that the Glock pistol has only been around since the mid 80's. Since then, many manufacturers have jumped on the polymer frame bandwagon. If nothing else, the amount of companies that have tried to compete (read: copy) Glock should show they are onto something. Try one if you haven't, I'm sure you will like it!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They are truly revolutionary pistols. I always thought that Glocks were nothing special, but then I shot one. ;) Not too many people know that the Glock pistol has only been around since the mid 80's. Since then, many manufacturers have jumped on the polymer frame bandwagon. If nothing else, the amount of companies that have tried to compete (read: copy) Glock should show they are onto something. Try one if you haven't, I'm sure you will like it!
    What?

what single aspect of Glock is revolutionary?

They did nothing new.

Almost everybody knows Glock hasn't been around long.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

See, that's a fair assessment.

Anyone who wants to spend a little more cash on an XDm or M&P to get a more modernized version of a polymer pistol should do so.

It's about what fits your hand and gets the job done for you.

For many of us, Glock does the job just fine.

ladiesdonjuan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009

:nuts:

HK VP70 was the first polymer pistol, so who copied who again?

What did Glock do that hadn't been done before? Mass production? Low cost per unit? What?

If the Glock rumors are true and they begin offering removable back-straps, etc who's copying who again?

There's nothing wrong with Glock, if it works for someone great. I just find your post typical and hilarious is all.

To address the OP, there are endless reasons why they could be for sale. Need money, upgrading, blindly picked it and doesn't like it, etc.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom