Can A President Or Cabinet Secretary See Any Documents They Ask For?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    With the discussion of RFK being appointed over the CIA can RFK see everything the CIA has! Can the president see everything from every department? If not, just who has that authority to decide what they can see? Where do they get that authority?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    With the discussion of RFK being appointed over the CIA can RFK see everything the CIA has! Can the president see everything from every department? If not, just who has that authority to decide what they can see? Where do they get that authority?
    I would think the President would have the authority to see everything, but he might be sheltered for seeing certain things for political reasons.

I doubt the CIA Director has access to everything in every department. He should have access to anything held by the CIA though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would think the President would have the authority to see everything, but he might be sheltered for seeing certain things for political reasons.
    Hence my question who decides that and where do they get authority?

I doubt the CIA Director has access to everything in every department. He should have access to anything held by the CIA though.
    I meant specifically their department.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hence my question who decides that and where do they get authority?
    His staff would decide. Authority would be from The President of course. He needs to be protected at times. Plausible deniability and all that. Not to mention he can't possibly look at everything.

I would assume though that if he specifically asked for something that they would show it to him.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I would imagine when you become president they open up the big secret book and show you all of it. Trump was going to open the CIA records regarding JFK and when asked why not (I may have this wrong) he said "if you knew what I know you wouldn't tell America either."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If this country were run by the president or even run the way it was intended, they would have access to everything. Instead, we have sworn members of our government, military and ordinary citizens who sit in front of congress on a daily basis and refuse to answer their questions or flat out lie without consequence.

Everything we read in books about how the government runs is a charade and the President is far from the most powerful person in this country let alone the world.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gap as I see it is between somebody who wants the info, but isn't familiar with where it's kept or retrieved and the people who actually handle the info at an operational level.

Similar to me looking for something after the gardener has reorganized the house. I don't know where to begin.
    ;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The gap as I see it is between somebody who wants the info, but isn't familiar with where it's kept or retrieved and the people who actually handle the info at an operational level.
    I get that but if POTUS were actually able to exercise the authority the people are attempting to grant him he wouldn’t need to know anything other than what questions to ask.

Instead we have unelected people running completely compartmentalized areas of the government with no oversight, no accountability and no limit on how much money they spend. Those are the people running the country.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    POTUS is THE original classification authority (OCA.) De-classifying applies since POTUS heads up the Executive Branch.

During Obummer's admin the UN Ambassador unmasked a crap-ton of political enemies "because she was asked." Yeah...

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Closet of your mom’s house.
    If you’re referring to the CIA assassination on JFK, it’s mostly common knowledge. The documents surrounding it can be declassified and shared by order of POTUS, and I assume Trump found this out in his previous term.

I’d also beg to entertain the idea that Trumps intel must be strong and have solid standing as he was able to bring RFK from running for president to agreeing to head the CIA and endorse Trump after RFK publicly renouncing Trump not too long ago.

Regardless how the election goes, America is in for a rough 4 years, either illegal attacks on our rights from the left, or some massive truth bombs from the right .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you’re referring to the CIA assassination on JFK, it’s mostly common knowledge. The documents surrounding it can be declassified and shared by order of POTUS, and I assume Trump found this out in his previous term.

I’d also beg to entertain the idea that Trumps intel must be strong and have solid standing as he was able to bring RFK from running for president to agreeing to head the CIA and endorse Trump after RFK publicly renouncing Trump not too long ago.

Regardless how the election goes, America is in for a rough 4 years, either illegal attacks on our rights from the left, or some massive truth bombs from the right .
    As somebody else pointed out at least the docs they would admit to.

"Show me the JFK files"
    *director walks into the JFK file room with all 100 boxes in it*
    *director returns with the boxes*
    "Here you go Mr President. All 25 boxes for you to review. This is all we have."

Based on multiple accounts I have no doubt the CIA took him out. there are too many coincidences for it not to be. I suspect its going to take at least 2 more generations before we are far enough removed from that set of actors before it will be revealed. Not enough of them, nor their junior officers at the time, are dead, or coworkers who still have respect for them.

The whole thing will need to be a total disconnect and random names in a history book before somebody finally shares what they did.

And that is assuming they didnt already burn some of the most damning evidence.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I thought that some of the JFK files were classified til 2024-25...think it's been pushed back. My Be RFK Jr. can find the second shooter of his dad, AND his uncle. Weren't there something like 12 shots at RFK, and he (Sirhan Sirhan) only had an 8 shot .22, that was a pain to reload? Don't get me started on the grassy knoll, "dog" man, and the umbrella man. Read "Crossfire, the plot to kill Kennedy"

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Closet of your mom’s house.
    I thought that some of the JFK files were classified til 2024-25...think it's been pushed back. My Be RFK Jr. can find the second shooter of his dad, AND his uncle. Weren't there something like 12 shots at RFK, and he (Sirhan Sirhan) only had an 8 shot .22, that was a pain to reload? Don't get me started on the grassy knoll, "dog" man, and the umbrella man. Read "Crossfire, the plot to kill Kennedy"
    The shooter was the driver. If you watch the undoctured video (there’s copies floating the internet), you’ll see the driver places his right hand behind the seat, you hear the shot go off, JFKs head flies back, and then forward (balistically indicating a shot from the front) and then the drivers hand returns to the front seat. It’s also in some of the unclassified reports that the CIA informed the president that they believed there was a credible threat to his life and demanded they took the seats of the motorcade and kept Secret service on the outter perimeter. They also took point of the investigation. JFKs speech agenda was also declassified and states he was going to be speaking about Area 51, amongst other things.

Top Bottom