• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    LOL you are wise to not put a great deal of faith in campus cops.....when I was in college, ours shot the toe off of our Abe Lincoln Statue in the admin bldg......they swore he didn't freeze when they told him too.....they lost their guns shortly after that.....

How about they keep the guns and get different cops?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    So its ok to disregard the constitutation if times change? You are not a progressive are you? Our rights don't stop because of the inefficient criminal justice system. And frankly, denying 2nd Amendment rights to felons is unconstitutional as well.

Laughter . . . . . No actually I'm about as knock down, drag out a Constitutional Conservative as they come !!!

I just feel that in society, and not at the Federal level, Lord Forbid, there is a positive use in being able to separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise you have the basis for anarchy.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Laughter . . . . . No actually I'm about as knock down, drag out a Constitutional Conservative as they come !!!

I just feel that in society, and not at the Federal level, Lord Forbid, there is a positive use in being able to separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise you have the basis for anarchy.
    You sure espouse some pretty well-thought out reasoning. Are you really from Pike County?:dunno:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    You sure espouse some pretty well-thought out reasoning. Are you really from Pike County?:dunno:

Born in Texas at Wilfred Medical Center Lackland AFB. Raised in Huntingburg but moving from Dubois County to Pike County laid to rest some latent homicidal tendencies I had developed after years of dealing with the Socio-political powers that are over there. :ar15:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    So just because someone doesn't have a little pink piece of paper you look at them as an "improper person"? I don't have an LTCH. I also have never committed a felony. I do own firearms and enjoy shooting them regularly without an LTCH. Do you always judge people based on what they have compared to you? I'd rather spend the $120 or whatever it costs for an LTCH on ammo so I can be better at defending myself if I ever need to use my handgun. I say let me carry my handgun without a license until I screw up and lose that right. Until then you are only placing me in the same spot as those convicted felons all because I haven't paid $120 for a $0.01 slip of paper.

The problem with having to apply for a license in order to carry your handgun is that felons and thugs who would actually use the firearm to commit a crime will never apply for one. And actually as long as they are not a felon they can carry any long gun they choose without a license. All of these restrictions to carry a handgun that we currently have (LTCH) and that has been suggested in this thread (training) only prohibits the "proper people" from exercising their constitutional rights and defending themselves against these criminals who don't care about the law.

ETA: And yes, I have emailed my reps to let them know I support this bill.

Your eyes shut down or your vision went red part way through what I wrote. I said "if not the LTCH" then another state sponsored form. I didn't and don't advocate the necessity of a license to exercise the 2nd. Read ^^^^ to understand my train of thought.

pl3x3to

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well said. I no more approve of the idea of a firearms training class to exercise our constitutional right to bear arms than I do of a civics class in order to exercise our right to vote, or a public speaking class in order to exercise our right to free speech. :draw:

Sometimes I wish they had to have a public speaking class. Some people say the stupidest things...

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    My alma mater would just make carrying against their student code of conduct. Similar to alcohol, I didn't attend a "Dry" campus, I was on a "Safe" campus...

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    As a father with a young daughter I'm in favor of the idea of campus carry. Too many stories of some poor girl getting assaulted and or raped at or near campus for my comfort. She should be able to double tap and put a quick end to the situation.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I "heard" it got shot down and we must try again next year...but no evidence to make me believe that is actually the case.....hopefully someone can shed some light soon

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There has been no movement on this bill, and given this is a short session, I doubt there will be any. Our Republican packed Senate and House are too worried about passing RTW so they can bankrupt the state Democrat party! Bills like guns on state property are usually pushed to the back burner due to such hot issues like RTW, property tax caps, etc.. Bills like this are more likely to pass in the longer session.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I "heard" it got shot down and we must try again next year...but no evidence to make me believe that is actually the case.....hopefully someone can shed some light soon

Go to the website of the state legislature. Look under "Deadlines" on the left side of the page (14th white line down)

This was SB 181. Being a Senate Bill, it had to be heard on Third Reading no later than Feb. 1, 2012. It was never heard in committee, thus, it never went to the full Senate for a Second, let alone a Third Reading.

Since it had to be heard on Third Reading before 2/1 and it was not, it will not be. It is, therefore, dead. For this year, anyway.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom