Apr 27, 2008
    Sounds heavenly!!!

Ingredients

1 medium banana
    1/2 graham cracker crumbled
    1/2 hershey's candy bar broken in pieces
    3 marshmallows cut in half

Directions

Split banana lenghtwise with knife (do not cut through other side of banana skin) Sprinkle in graham cracker and place 1/2 of candy bar on top. Lastly put halfed marshmallows on top and then roll banana up in foil. Place over camp fire or grill for approx 5 minutes. Unroll and eat with a spoon.

Number of Servings: 1

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    Sounds heavenly!!!

Ingredients

1 medium banana
    1/2 graham cracker crumbled
    1/2 hershey's candy bar broken in pieces
    3 marshmallows cut in half

Directions

Split banana lenghtwise with knife (do not cut through other side of banana skin) Sprinkle in graham cracker and place 1/2 of candy bar on top. Lastly put halfed marshmallows on top and then roll banana up in foil. Place over camp fire or grill for approx 5 minutes. Unroll and eat with a spoon.

Number of Servings: 1

:banana:Thats sounds so good i`m not waiting to camp i`m going out back now and start a fire. THANX!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Going camping at turkey run this weekend...any tips. Not necessarily camping tips but more specific to turkey run.

Yes, do the 2 day canoe trip. :D

If you plan to do some hiking stick to trail 3 that goes west along the river. It's got great views and you can throw rocks at the drunks floating in the tubes... :): J/K I suggest doing the ladders on trail 3/5 too. It's a lot of fun with some really cool rock formations. There's also an old church/log cabin out in the Nature Preserve somewhere, although I've yet to find it. I'm sure it's way off the beaten path.

I also recommend not worrying about the "No Swimming or Wading" signs unless the river is high. If it's normal or low, go for a swim. You won't regret it!

OH! Don't swim in the pool. They don't change the water that often. I guess go ahead if you like swimming in pee. :puke: I'd rather swim in the river.

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Going camping at turkey run this weekend...any tips. Not necessarily camping tips but more specific to turkey run.

head 20 minutes north, and camp at shades. Turkey run is too crowded. You can get into turkey run for free with your camp registration from shades.

If you do camp at turkey run and need firewood about 10 minutes east of the park (Can't remember what road it's on) you will see a pile of wood on the north side of the road. Hilarous 60 year old hungarian? guy that hand splits it. He's worth the money, and the wood is good and reasonable. He should also have tomatoes and peppers this time of year in his garden for sale, just ask.

about 5 minutes west of the park is a little gas station (before the big canoeing complex) on the south side of the road that has great ice cream, and earlier this summer some cute scenery :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    head 20 minutes north, and camp at shades. Turkey run is too crowded. You can get into turkey run for free with your camp registration from shades.

If you do camp at turkey run and need firewood about 10 minutes east of the park (Can't remember what road it's on) you will see a pile of wood on the north side of the road. Hilarous 60 year old hungarian? guy that hand splits it. He's worth the money, and the wood is good and reasonable. He should also have tomatoes and peppers this time of year in his garden for sale, just ask.

about 5 minutes west of the park is a little gas station (before the big canoeing complex) on the south side of the road that has great ice cream, and earlier this summer some cute scenery :D

:+1: on the scenery! I'm guessing it's legal if they can handle smokes. Could be wrong, wasn't going to ask... :D

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    if you camp at shades, there are 2 places I have found to have good firewood:

1. 2-3 miles east of the park right by the big zig-zag around the cemetary you will see a sign for wood. The wood is in a barn and is dry. Some we got wasn't full cured, but I chopped it down with an axe and it all burnt find. $5 a wheel barrel full.

2. 9.2 miles east there is a white house on the north side of the road that occasionally has stacks of wood for $5 a stack. Better deal than #1 (more wood) and some hardwoods mixed in. I think it's the end of limbs that go to the lumbermill. It's not really split, so you will need an axe.

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    :+1: on the scenery! I'm guessing it's legal if they can handle smokes. Could be wrong, wasn't going to ask... :D

It didnt' take long for our girlfriends to figure out we didn't go in for the ice-cream.

However, the icecream was great, and we got some absolutely huge cones for like $3 a piece. My buddy snapped some pictures of the "store", i'll see if I can find them. too funny...

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Can a mod sticky this post, and split off the above posts about turkey run / shades?

Then we can create another post listing all the indiana campgrounds, good things, bad things, where to get supplies/ wood, what to see, best sites, ect.

is that possible?

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    Some very good information.

No offense to the campers but I have said for 40 years that If I wanted to camp out I would have stayed in the Army they paid me for camping.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Some very good information.

No offense to the campers but I have said for 40 years that If I wanted to camp out I would have stayed in the Army they paid me for camping.

That's a good point. Sometimes when I'm camping and attempting to "sleep" I find myself wishing for my own bed :):

truckie166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    A nine volt battery and some steel wool works great to start fires. Just fluff the wool and short it you by touching the two contacts to it. Also having a dry box for matches and other important documents is a good idea expecially if you are on a conoe trip.

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    beer in creek

Don't pack in a cooler full of ice. Just put your beer in the creek.

If you pack your beer in the creek when its 90 out its not very cold haha. I went camping all weekend this past weekened down in brown county. We had a blast and it was really hot. The key for us was to find shade and a nice breeze.

Top Bottom