• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    While at the 1500, I saw several services to camoflage/custom color your weapons.

I was wondering if anyone has camoflaged their weapons.

I currently wrapped my SS Varmint AR with Paracord on the Buttstock and handguard to muzzle.
    The idea was to improve grip as well as eliminate/reduce shine from the SS Barrel.

As an xtra bonus, if I need any kind of cordage I am covered.

I got this idea from The Maryland AR15 shooters site, under do it yourself.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I did a Marlin model 60 in camo with spray paint. It was a pawnshop gun and I used it for squirrel hunting in the woods, but it's held up well.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nice camo work Nate.. looks really good.

Thanks :D I used the bottom pic camo at first, and it worked well since it was still pretty early in the season and most was green, but after changing hunting locations and a little bit of leaf changing, I added more tans and brown to break it up more. And yes, the squirrels can tell :D

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have painted the synthetic stocks on my M1As, but I havent found the nerve to paint/ coat the complete firearm.... not even my ARs.

Although they do need some color, they all look alike.... thats nice for getting them in and out of the house without undue exposure or a head count!!! ;)

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    How does that stuff hold up????? On the AR does it have to be re-done every so often or is that on there for life and will never ware off?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How does that stuff hold up????? On the AR does it have to be re-done every so often or is that on there for life and will never ware off?

I used Alumahyde II from Brownells, rather than regular Krylon spraypaint. AHII provides a pretty durable finish, though it will peel and chip at the edges and on moving parts over time. Just adds to the gun's "character," IMO - these are working tools, not pieces of art.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nate, what did you use for your pattern/to get that kinda camo on that stock? I have a semi-auto.22 I think I would like to do up like that. Mind posting some details?

I did a base coat of primer on the sanded stock, topped with a base of Tan spraypaint. The "pattern" is broom bristles I cut off and arranged and taped to a piece of paper. I then just sprayed through that template at different angles to coat it with the different colors. I practiced on some cardboard to get the spread of bristles I wanted and such.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I just did my marlin model 60 .22LR tonight i will post ups some pictures tomorrow.

It was my first go at camo and i used tan, black and green. I think it looks pretty good, i also did an off road helmet just to practice.

Smitty

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I did a semi-tigerstripe job on a modified M14 stock awhile back.
    basically sprayed a base coat and tore up blue painters tape to add stripes. and painted over each new color, leaving a different color stripe under the tape.
    Unfortunately the rifle is gone. It was a fun one and a great shooter, but I've still got my short M 14 and a nice FN boltgun in .308!

GunPics008.jpg

GunPics005.jpg

Doug K

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Here are my pictures. I did this last night, was my first go at camo. I sanded down the marlin 60 .22 since it was all scratched up. Layed down a tan base, came through with black and green (I used some ornamental grass from the bush along side my house) Then came back with some tan to lighten things up a bit.

PIC-0027.jpg

PIC-0030.jpg

PIC-0029.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality, I used my cell to snap those.

I decided to do a motocross helmet the same way, since it's all scratched up. Not happy with what i have so far, so i'm going to keep laying down more.

Smitty

Top Bottom