• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I have Glock 19 I want the trigger pull lightened up on. I'm thinking I want just a pound lighter, so, from the 5.5 to 4.5 maybe 4.0lb. How much to do this service for me?

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do it yourself, it's easy. I'd suggest a 4.5# glock connector and some polishing, no more if you plan on using this a SD/Carry gun.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'd go with a 3.5lb and polish or just a polish I shot a gen 2 with just a polish and it shot almost as well as a 3.5 without a polish

Kw1P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have the 3.5 pound on my new 19 but I think it made it more like 4 the gen 4 I think is a little heavier than advertised

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    3.5 connector (now the 4.5 minus), will only lighten the trigger pull maybe .5-.8lb. The names are misleading. IMO, going with the glock factory part as well as doing a little polishing is the best way to go if this gun is going to be used for HD/carry at all. It's a really easy thing to do, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it then I guess it would be worth it to pay someone.

The Gen 4 are more like a 6-6.5# pull. The 3.5 connector shouldn't make it feel anything like the gen 4 triggers.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have Glock 19 I want the trigger pull lightened up on. I'm thinking I want just a pound lighter, so, from the 5.5 to 4.5 maybe 4.0lb. How much to do this service for me?
    I see your on the westside of indy, take a trip to bradis in camby and they can hook you up. not sure on the price but it wouldnt be too much.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Man, if you can't install a new connector in a Glock, you can't call yourself a Glockmeister. Just sayin' . :D

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Man, if you can't install a new connector in a Glock, you can't call yourself a Glockmeister. Just sayin' . :D

Lol. I can do everything else! :D This weekend is busy for me, and I really won't have the time to do it. Not too mention, my punch set has been "loaned" out to a relative.

Now, who's just sayin'? :draw: :laugh:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    New policy? :dunno:

At any rate, they'll still sell you one.

Sears will sell you a 3/32" punch.

There's this site, called "Youtube", where somebody will show you what to do with it.

A Dremel, and some jeweler's rouge, will put a nice polish on all the scratchy parts.

I don't know if it's a new policy or not, but it is what it is. I'm familiar with YouTube, but all of this takes time. After work today, my weekend will turn into the equivalent of a swarm of locust. I just want to get it done, and be on my way. I thought more people would be interested in making money, not just pointing out the obvious. :D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    it's quite literally a 5 minute job, maybe 10. You'll waste more time driving somewhere to get it done.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    If you don't have time to change the part
    you probably don't have time to shoot.
    You'll never know how your trigger feels
    Ergo, I'd say, the point is moot.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    So....we're arguing about how much time someone has in their day? Productive.

What does it matter if he doesn't want to do it himself?
    IndyGunWorks can do this for you. I don't know if its a service he typically offers, but I know he did it on a gun of his I own.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    The Gen 4 are more like a 6-6.5# pull. The 3.5 connector shouldn't make it feel anything like the gen 4 triggers.

Also, while I don't have a guage or any such thing, and you may be right about the weight, I disagree about the feeling.

I have a 3.5# and a 4.5# in two glocks and either one feels much closer to my stock Gen 4 G19 than they do to my stock Gen 3 G23.

Not having that hard break point typical of a stock gen 3 is more important than the weight, imho.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    So....we're arguing about how much time someone has in their day? Productive.

What does it matter if he doesn't want to do it himself?
    IndyGunWorks can do this for you. I don't know if its a service he typically offers, but I know he did it on a gun of his I own.

THANK you. Geez, you'd think some people wouldn't care so much about what OTHERS want to spend their money on.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    3.5 connector (now the 4.5 minus), will only lighten the trigger pull maybe .5-.8lb. The names are misleading. IMO, going with the glock factory part as well as doing a little polishing is the best way to go if this gun is going to be used for HD/carry at all. It's a really easy thing to do, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it then I guess it would be worth it to pay someone.

The earlier Gen4 Glocks had a heavier-than-normal trigger pull. The dot "." connector, which is between the standard and "-" connector fixes that. By calling Glock and supplying the serial number of my Gen4 G23, I was sent the "." connector. I hear (unconfirmed) that the latest Gen4s come with the "." connector.

I would love to put the "." connector in my G21SF, as its trigger pull is a bit heavy, but Glock is really stingy with them. As a Glock armorer, I am not allowed to order either the "." or "-" connectors, which, according to Glock are limited to LE. So, I talked with a detective friend (also a Glock armorer), and he was willing to get a few of each. Then, he called me back to say Glock would not even supply those connectors to his PD!

Perhaps, it is a liability thing, but I don't know, for sure.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence

I have most days and all of the weekend free but would still like to know the cost of having this done.

Top Bottom