• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have Glock 19 I want the trigger pull lightened up on. I'm thinking I want just a pound lighter, so, from the 5.5 to 4.5 maybe 4.0lb. How much to do this service for me?

Best way to lighten up a Glock trigger pull is to replace the pistol with a 1911. :D

Just kidding buddy!

Give NHT3 a, call he can do it. Ill probaly have him do my Glock 19 soon.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Best way to lighten up a Glock trigger pull is to replace the pistol with a 1911. :D

Just kidding buddy!

Give NHT3 a, call he can do it. Ill probaly have him do my Glock 19 soon.

When I finish with your 19 you will think you are shooting a 1911
    :D It won't feel like a 1911 but it won't feel like a Glock anymore either.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Dont mean to hijack here but could someone explain to me what a dot "." and a "-" connector are. You can pm so thread doesnt get cluttered if u want. Ive got 2 glocks but both stock and am wanting to learn more about them and mechanisms. Again, dont mean to hijack, thanks.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have Glock 19 I want the trigger pull lightened up on. I'm thinking I want just a pound lighter, so, from the 5.5 to 4.5 maybe 4.0lb. How much to do this service for me?

Get an extra power trigger spring. See how that feels to you.

A connector isn't always necessary to really make a nice glock trigger.

If it needs more work, buy some white rouge metal polish and 600grit sandpaper. Polish the face of the striker till it's mirror like, then hone it with 600 grit in a cross thatch pattern but do so lightly.

A straight up mirror polish gets "sticky" feeling for me, honing it removes that stickyness.

If you're still not happy, go for a connector, but you're going to have a much less crisp trigger afterwards. Having tried most of them, the only one I'll ever recommend again is the ghost rocket ultimate, with the over travel stop. You can achieve a very crisp trigger with it, if you know what you're doing.

Bushwookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Evansville
    Get an extra power trigger spring. See how that feels to you.

A connector isn't always necessary to really make a nice glock trigger.

If it needs more work, buy some white rouge metal polish and 600grit sandpaper. Polish the face of the striker till it's mirror like, then hone it with 600 grit in a cross thatch pattern but do so lightly.

A straight up mirror polish gets "sticky" feeling for me, honing it removes that stickyness.

If you're still not happy, go for a connector, but you're going to have a much less crisp trigger afterwards. Having tried most of them, the only one I'll ever recommend again is the ghost rocket ultimate, with the over travel stop. You can achieve a very crisp trigger with it, if you know what you're doing.

+1 on the 6lb trigger spring, add that with the lighter connector and polish job and it should be better.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    +1 on the 6lb trigger spring, add that with the lighter connector and polish job and it should be better.

All of those combined got a bit too light for me.

It felt in the neighborhood of 1.5-2 pounds.

So I put a 6 pound striker spring in there. It hits primers hard enough to be slightly concerning but it hasn't been an issue yet, and I don't see it ever becoming one.

It feels around 3 pounds with a very positive and crisp break, the reset is strong and short enough that the gun will bump fire unintentionally if you aren't careful. Luckily it's a ported model 20 and it doesn't have noticeable muzzle rise. You can't reset the trigger like a *****, you have to keep it held down firmly, and as long as you do that, it won't bump on you. With 9mm I doubt this would be a factor.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    3.5lb Connector - Will lighten up the pull

NY Trigger Spring - Will make the pull heavier but, more crisp.

Polish - Will lighten it up a little but smooth it out a lot.

I did the above to my G35 and G21. Played with all the different combo's. I like this one the best for a shooter / carry gun.

Top Bottom