• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Last night I went to Buffalo Wild wings here in Evansville to grab some food with friends and since I wasn't planning on more than a beer or two I decided to carry. Someone else in the bar was carrying as well so which of you was it?

Anyway that's not my story, my friends (who were drinking heavily) decided to go to another bar, and I volunteered myself to DD for one of them. Since I wasn't prepared for this, and decided I did not want to leave my gun in the glove box I carried in concealed........apparently not well enough. The DJ at the bar, Tropical Isle, for those of you around this area, saw my shirt and jacket ride a little bit and approached me as I was leaving, this is about how it went.

DJ: Are you carrying a glock?

At this point im thinking if he identified it as a glock with the little he saw, he must be a gun owner, maybe an INGO member.......>WRONG!!!!

me: yes I am why?
    Dj: I don't allow guns in my bar.
    me:(slightly confused cause he is the DJ and I know he doesn't own the place) I apologize, i didn't see a sign but I am leaving anyway.
    DJ: I don't need a sign it is illegal to carry in a bar, and to drink while carrying. (I had one 12 oz beer) I could call the cops on you right now
    me: Go ahead. It is legal in Indiana to carry in a bar and even consume while carrying.
    DJ: (Stunned and now really mad) DO you have a permit to carry that?
    Me: No, i have a license carry it.
    DJ: Can I see it?
    Me: NO!
    DJ: why?
    Me: cause you are a DJ, not a cop, therefore i don't need to prove anything to you.
    DJ: I'm calling the police.
    Me: ok, go put another song on first, the crowd looks like they are a bit bored

this gets better. A friend of mine that is a bartender there was in on his night off and came out to talk to me. He told me not to worry and anytime I come back let him know if i am carrying and he will make sure the DJ leaves me alone. Even tells me he will hold my gun for me if i wanted to go in and grab my friends.........YEAH RIGHT!!!!! He also proceeds to tell me how he has his "concealed carry permit".....clearly not an INGO member and that it is illegal to carry in a bar. Here we go again. So after another twenty minutes of educating him and his friend, who also carries, and suggesting they familiarize themselves with the IC if they are going to carry, I become bored and no police have arrived so I called it a night. Entertaining first experience I thought

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    :facepalm:

Sorry to hear you had to deal with a bunch of dumbasses.

I haven't posted my last couple positive encounters, but I was at walmart and the lady in sporting goods asked me "...if I got a lot of heat of OCing?"
    I said "no",
    and she responded with "that's nice."
    I went back in a couple days later and she noticed me, said something quietly to the guy behind the counter about me OCing.

Then at Dick's the cashier asked "Is that a nine?"
    I said "No, its a Glock 22 in .40 S&W."

So again, sorry about the hard time, but there are people that aren't so judgmental out there.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I live in Libtard Bloomington, and I have NEVER had anyone ask me about my weapon in the 21 years I have carried it.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I would have just ignored his question about the gun. No need to even acknowledge the fact that you are carrying.

Either way, +1 on handling the situation as you did and by trying to educate those willing to learn a thing or two.

It's amazing how many people carry with the LTCH and don't even have a basic understanding of the IC codes relating to carrying a handgun.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess this is why some people think that you should have to take education classes and training before you get a LTCH. Unfortunately, there are too many people out there that don't know the laws about carrying and owning firearms. If people would take the time to educate themselves then there would be much less hassle. But then we wouldn't have this entertaining thread. I am glad that we have so many INGOers that are patient enough to educate the population about IC. Good work.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Should have gotten close enough to whisper in his ear," Sir, this is an issue of national security. You are obviously an excelent operator....can I trust you?" and waited for his response.

Then walked out.:D

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    You're the first person to use the word printing in this thread. And?
    I carried in concealed........apparently not well enough. The DJ at the bar, Tropical Isle, for those of you around this area, saw my shirt and jacket ride a little bit and approached me as I was leaving, this is about how it went.

I was just pointing out that it must have been more then just a little peek at the firearm for him to identify it as a Glock. I don't know about you, but just seeing the muzzle of a gun under less then ideal conditions I would not be able to tell what it was.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I was just pointing out that it must have been more then just a little peek at the firearm for him to identify it as a Glock. I don't know about you, but just seeing the muzzle of a gun under less then ideal conditions I would not be able to tell what it was.

That is attributing too much knowledge to the DJ. It could be that to him, any black gun is a Glock.

I too liked the retort: "because you're a DJ not a cop."

Top Bottom