• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Must have been doing a little more then "printing" if he could tell it was a Glock.

The more I thought about it I really think that glock was the only type of gun he knew and he was just trying to sound cool. And t was just a coincidence that i happened to be carrying a glock. Even if my gun had been fully exposed, with the holster i wear and dimly lit bar he would have had to been uncomfortably close to me to know if it was a glock....compared to say an XD.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You're the first person to use the word printing in this thread. And?

And . . . no one has yet referenced Kirk's First Law of the Internet so rhino has to buy me another case of .45acp.

"it's against the law to . . ."=>you are doing things that I disapprove of.

Hassled for obeying the law? Welcome to my world.:D

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Must have been doing a little more then "printing" if he could tell it was a Glock.
    im assuming the guy didnt actually know it was a glock but rather that "glock" or "yo man is that a "nine"" is in laymans terms equal to the definition of ANY gun.

it just so coincidently happened to actually be a glock.

and yes, kirks rule of the internet. its illegal to carry in a bar and drink, i think that is two cases.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    DJ: (Stunned and now really mad) DO you have a permit to carry that?
    Me: No, i have a license carry it.

That there was my favorite part. You actually took the time to be properly pedantic :rockwoot:
    The correct answer to this question (when printing) is ALWAYS:

"No, it's my colostomy bag. Would you like to see it?"

If they inquire further...such as, "why would someone your age have one of those?"...two words: Crohn's Disease.

Also, if you're fat like me, insulin-pump is an option as is heart-monitor battery-bracket. I have no idea what those look like...but neither does anyone else ;)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And . . . no one has yet referenced Kirk's First Law of the Internet so rhino has to buy me another case of .45acp.

"it's against the law to . . ."=>you are doing things that I disapprove of.

Hassled for obeying the law? Welcome to my world.:D

I thought K1stL was "if its the law in Texas(or other state of your choice) its the law everywhere?

And since the OP was posting hearsay, Rhino has a legal out. But I think he owes you a case or two for this thread.

Oh and do I get a finders fee for that?

So is it legal or illegal to carry in a bar?

It is legal in Indiana

Yep legal to carry in a bar, and to drink. If it's advisable is a totally different question and has been discussed in numerous threads. Answers range from never/only if your not drinking/only if your not drunk/always.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Should have gotten close enough to whisper in his ear," Sir, this is an issue of national security. You are obviously an excelent operator....can I trust you?" and waited for his response.

Then walked out.:D

That's friggin hilarious! I might have to try this. :D

I hope I dont ever go thru this situation...my tolerance for ignorance is awfully short with people like this sometimes.

That's why you have to have fun with ignorant people. See above post. ;)

So is it legal or illegal to carry in a bar?

Very much legal. It's just not a smart idea to get drunk and carry. Should you HAVE to use it you could be found guilty of either negligent homicide or negligent use of a firearm. Among other things. One or two drinks, I personally don't see a problem, but some here will chastise me for that.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Should you HAVE to use it you could be found guilty of either negligent homicide or negligent use of a firearm.

Oh, come on now. Let's not start that again...:)

If the shoot is illegal then it might make it worse in some way if you're under the influence. OTOH, if the shoot is legal then the shoot is legal whether you're flat out drunk or completely sober. If you HAVE to use it then it would, by definition, be legal.

There is no provision in the law to make (otherwise legal) self-defense illegal if you've had a few drinks.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, come on now. Let's not start that again...:)

If the shoot is illegal then it might make it worse in some way if you're under the influence. OTOH, if the shoot is legal then the shoot is legal whether you're flat out drunk or completely sober. If you HAVE to use it then it would, by definition, be legal.

There is no provision in the law to make (otherwise legal) self-defense illegal if you've had a few drinks.

Now, I said could. ;) It all depends on your lawyer and the situation. Chances are the prosecutor will say that because you were drinking that your judgment was impaired and that you didn't HAVE to shoot him. If they make that argument successfully... :dunno: It'll be bad one way or the other. I was just pointing out the worst possible scenario. It's why I carry only if I know I'm going to have a drink or two. Anything more than that, I'll leave it in the car and pray God watches over me just that much more.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Now, I said could. ;) It all depends on your lawyer and the situation. Chances are the prosecutor will say that because you were drinking that your judgment was impaired and that you didn't HAVE to shoot him. If they make that argument successfully... :dunno: It'll be bad one way or the other. I was just pointing out the worst possible scenario. It's why I carry only if I know I'm going to have a drink or two. Anything more than that, I'll leave it in the car and pray God watches over me just that much more.

And don't forget the "wrongful death" civil suit that you can lose even if the prosecutor decides that you shouldn't be charged with a crime!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And don't forget the "wrongful death" civil suit that you can lose even if the prosecutor decides that you shouldn't be charged with a crime!

I thought Indiana passed a law protecting us from that as long as we weren't found in the wrong?

Top Bottom