• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I think Andrew Napolitano said (or quoted someone else as saying) "you don't have a right to not be offended." I may not have it exactly right, but it is something along those lines. I haven't seen the details, but holy cow, if this person is offended by a POW/MIA flag, what else gets through their thin skin?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm thinking it's time to fly the POW-MIA flag. I usually fly the Air Force flag along with the Stars and Stripes, I'm waiting for someone to get offended over that. Note to self, pick up a 3' X 5' Jolly Roger. I can go USAF-Gadsden-POW/MIA-Skull and Crossbones to the left of the Stars and Stripes on consecutive days for maximum offending power. YES!!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm thinking it's time to fly the POW-MIA flag. I usually fly the Air Force flag along with the Stars and Stripes, I'm waiting for someone to get offended over that. Note to self, pick up a 3' X 5' Jolly Roger. I can go USAF-Gadsden-POW/MIA-Skull and Crossbones to the left of the Stars and Stripes on consecutive days for maximum offending power. YES!!

There's always those overpasses!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    being offended does not make one right

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so _______ what."

- Stephen Fry

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Newsweek, going from major news magazine with powerful influence, to second rate news magazine, to no more magazine (print edition ended), to *poof*.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I read that article (more fool me), and not once did I see any justification for it being branded as "racist"

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I think Andrew Napolitano said (or quoted someone else as saying) "you don't have a right to not be offended." I may not have it exactly right, but it is something along those lines. I haven't seen the details, but holy cow, if this person is offended by a POW/MIA flag, what else gets through their thin skin?

Not trying to highjack the thread but I feel this goes along with quote above.

Offendedness...
    Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm starting to think we're going nuts here over something 1 guy said or wrote that he now seems to be retracting. It is a big country, and if you look hard enough, you'll find someone railing against just about anything. Heck, there's probably someone out there that thinks oxygen is offensive. (It is probably someone at the EPA.)

I'm moving on. Nothing worth getting riled up over here. I'm dismissing the author as simply a nut. If we flip out over every dumb thing a nut utters, then the nuts win.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm starting to think we're going nuts here over something 1 guy said or wrote that he now seems to be retracting. It is a big country, and if you look hard enough, you'll find someone railing against just about anything. Heck, there's probably someone out there that thinks oxygen is offensive. (It is probably someone at the EPA.)

I'm moving on. Nothing worth getting riled up over here. I'm dismissing the author as simply a nut. If we flip out over every dumb thing a nut utters, then the nuts win.

I would agree, but only in part.
    Yes, it's true that it's probably best to not flip out over every nutjob's musings, at least not enough to make said nutjob look more important than he deserves.
    On the other hand, it's even more important that the nutjobs be immediately countered the moment they peddle their hokum, because history shows that all the nutjobs require to enshrine their lunacy into law is acquiescence, which silence is.
    First, they float their zany ideas, no one counters said ideas, fellow nutjobs (now encouraged) first amplify said ideas then conduct PR campaign to normalize them, then the nutjobs codify said ideas into law, either through the legislative process or (this one far more common for those with a dictatorial urge) by getting the courts to create it out of whole cloth.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I sincerely regret the use of the word ‘racist’ to describe how the POW/MIA flag distorts the history of the Vietnam War. The word was over the top and not called for. I’m deeply sorry it hurt people— especially people who’ve selflessly served their country.

Not an apology. Apparently this wasn't on the U of C curriculum...

I read that article (more fool me), and not once did I see any justification for it being branded as "racist"

It isn't. U of C sophistry (an undergrad major, and a concentration in the LS).

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    This to is a bunch of bull****. I am so tired of this new wave of political correctness that is flooding this country. First it was the confederate flag and now their attacking the POW/MIA flag. I wish some of these politicians especially our president, would grow some balls and say enough is enough.
    Someone please explain to me how this flag is desciminantory. The attack on our veterans and those who actively serve is appalling. the illegal immigrants and criminals are treated better. The media has much to blame for most of this bull****, they shove all this down the throats of the masses day in and day out. The citizens in this country that still have pride and a backbone need to stand up for what is right.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    being offended does not make one right

:):

Hre7Vnn.jpg

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This is America. Here, by being offended you have assumed moral, legal, and academic superiority. I'm offended, so you must listen, agree, and not just compromise with me, but acquiesce to me. If you do not you are a bigot, and what you say is without merit.

Not quite. Those who are offended by Gay Rights Activists, Pro-Abortionists, Planned Parenthood, Militant Radical Islam (and Militant Radical Baptists), Illegal Aliens, and American Flag Burners need to just shut up, apparently.

Top Bottom