• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nevada hell! My employer has a production plant in California, and has already been engaged in a years-long effort to move production here, for various reasons.

Now, if you can just get Governor Moonbeam to solve that water problem with the stroke of a pen - you'll really be cooking with gas!

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why just $15?
    Really, when you think about it, that isn't all that much in a state like Calfornia.
    I think the people deserve better

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    There are many negatives of raising the minimum wage to 15$, but I do see the potential for one positive. As people make more money, less will qualify for public assistance.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    There are many negatives of raising the minimum wage to 15$[STRIKE], but I do see the potential for one positive[/STRIKE]. As people [STRIKE]make more money[/STRIKE]find fewer jobs, [STRIKE]less[/STRIKE]more will qualify for public assistance.

FTFY

An increase in wages should be associated with productivity that justifies the cost. A simple mandate to pay $15/hr ignores the fact that the real minimum wage is $0.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I admire the dedication that Californians have to sticking by their policies and values, even when they are shown not to work and the state is slipping ever further into the red. That takes a special level of devotion.

What I cannot admire are those who championed the failed policies fleeing California for other states, and then insisting that their homelands implement the very policies that failed before.

Sounds a little like this...

IYCywS2.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Why just $15?
    Really, when you think about it, that isn't all that much in a state like Calfornia.
    I think the people deserve better

Yeah, the people are practically slaves at that level. Maybe Bernie can help?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    FTFY

An increase in wages should be associated with productivity that justifies the cost. A simple mandate to pay $15/hr ignores the fact that the real minimum wage is $0.

Sure, it requires an increase and employers are not obligated to increase or decrease productivity or hours worked. I can see it turning out okay if the majority of employers increased the responsibilities as such to make the $15 worth it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There are many negatives of raising the minimum wage to 15$, but I do see the potential for one positive. As people make more money, less will qualify for public assistance.

Nice thought. But I'm pretty sure the hand holding the pen that raises the minimum wage, is the same one that draws the cutoff line for public assistance.

The history of the minimum wage has been that anytime it is raised, all kinds of other government policies index off of it.

Top Bottom