• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Ok, so I put a pistol up on armslist and this young guy from California wants to buy it.
    He has a certificate from a match where he won a glock.
    I have emailed him and talked/interviewed him quite a bit.
    None of my red flags are going off at all and he seem like a very honest dude.
    He offered to buy my pistol full price and then he also gave me another option.
    He offered to give me one of the four pistols he has won in GSSF competitions.
    He is going to send me the certificate and deposit cash to my bank which happens to also be in california as well.
    He has agreed to pay my transfer fee for the glock as well.
    He has checked my feedback on here and is comfortable with the sale.
    His name is logan...
    Question about Glock Certificates - Glock Talk
    I am going to be shipping the gun to california with the high cap mags and he said that there is a process to register the gun as a single shot and fee to pay to where he can use it and the high cap mags will be replaced with california mags (10 rounders)
    I am getting a brand new glock and nice amount of cash out of this.
    Questions are:
    Are there any problems you see with any of this?
    Are the GSSF (Glock Shooting Sport F...) certificates transferable?
    Does the state of issue and/or the person issued to matter?

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Ok, so I put a pistol up on armslist and this young guy from California wants to buy it.
    He is going to send me the certificate and deposit cash to my bank which happens to also be in california as well.
    His name is logan...
    I am going to be shipping the gun to california with the high cap mags and he said that there is a process to register the gun as a single shot and fee to pay to where he can use it and the high cap mags will be replaced with california mags (10 rounders)
    Questions are:

I do not know about the GSSF certificates but I doubt the dealer doing the transfer will accept the hi-cap mags.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    His name is logan...
    Questions are:

An interesting question. I think I'd call the FFL in CA and ask about the mags. Couldn't he just purchase the gun without the mags, assuming all else is compliant with CA law?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I talked to his FFL and they said that it has to be shipped by an FFL here...two gun shops refused because of having to deal with the California Department of Justice...I called BZGUNZ in Plainfiield and he was familiar with the process...By the way the receiving FFL is able to receive the hi cap mags...they will disassemble the mags and give them to the guy as parts if he chooses....this is legal in california...this is on them but they are an ffl and know the rules of their state....you can actually have hi-cap mags in california if they predate the ban or, ironicallly, if you found them at a range or something. He said he does not intend to keep them but will trade them to the ffl form and p mags and the FFL will sell them to law enforcement....the guy actually has to wait ten days to receive the weapon...he also has to do some kind of conversion to single shot and then do and exemption to use it at normally operates....Seems ok because the legal issues are not on me because the ffl is giving it to the other ffl so the release of the weapon is done under their control....arent you glad you live in INDIANA?

Top Bottom