• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Pointed, light bullets, in a 30-30 and it will make you REALLY want a 30-06 bad. It'll make that gnat keep it's head down at a couple hundred.

I already want one. Just haven't come across one I like/can afford.

I'll try and head out to the range today. What should I expect as far as recoil? Similar to a 12ga?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I already want one. Just haven't come across one I like/can afford.

I'll try and head out to the range today. What should I expect as far as recoil? Similar to a 12ga?

Just from memory of the feel of them both, I'd compare the '06 to a standard slug out of my 870.

I don't remember much recoil from the 30-30. I had a 3x9 scope on top and it seems to have been about like trap loads out of a shotgun, maybe less. I don't remember it EVER being an issue.

Mine is a low end Savage 110 I watched get marked down 10% every week at Service Merchandise in Greenwood until I figured it would be worth the price just to tear it up expirimenting with it. I thought at the time I really wanted a Rem 700BDL.

I never bought the Remington.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Just from memory of the feel of them both, I'd compare the '06 to a standard slug out of my 870.

I don't remember much recoil from the 30-30. I had a 3x9 scope on top and it seems to have been about like trap loads out of a shotgun, maybe less. I don't remember it EVER being an issue.

Mine is a low end Savage 110 I watched get marked down 10% every week at Service Merchandise in Greenwood until I figured it would be worth the price just to tear it up expirimenting with it. I thought at the time I really wanted a Rem 700BDL.

I never bought the Remington.

I have only shot birdshot and 00 Buck out of my 12ga. From youtube videos it doesn't look to be to bad. I was "nervous" to shoot the 12ga at first, after the first shot I couldn't get enough. The Marlin came with the scope from the factory and is suppose to be bore sighted so we will see how accurate it is.

Thanks again

Top Bottom