• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, first he tells a big TEA Party crowd he's going to build an electrified border fence and place troops on the border then, when there's some folks that get upset he says he was just joking. Seems like he says one thing then goes about changing his mind when the wind blows in another direction. This is not the way to get noticed, Mr. Cain.

Here's yesterdays piece: Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com

And today's retraction: Herman Cain | Electric Fence | New York Times | The Daily Caller

As a politician he seems to be coming right along.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    So you think he was serious when he said he wanted to build an electric fence that would kill people? Then he when says the electric fence quip was a joke, that makes him a flip flopper? A joke in poor taste that the the NYT then uses dishonestly in the article is what I get out of the whole thing.

He's been pretty consistent about building a fence. I think at one point we spent a boatload money to build one that was never completed.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So you think he was serious when he said he wanted to build an electric fence that would kill people? Then he when says the electric fence quip was a joke, that makes him a flip flopper? A joke in poor taste that the the NYT then uses dishonestly in the article is what I get out of the whole thing.

He's been pretty consistent about building a fence. I think at one point we spent a boatload money to build one that was never completed.
    He's said he's in favour of a fence during his hosting of the radio show. There's a pattern there. Yeah, in the political arena it makes you a flip flopper when you espouse one thing to a crowd then take it back the next day. This wasn't a "gotcha" thing. This was him speaking and then recanting. That's called flip flopping. And I'm willing to bet the crowd didn't think he was joking.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I know that he's said he's in favor of a fence for some time. The part about it killing people is the really bad joke, not the fence itself.

It's just the NYT and NBC twisting things that are said to tear down a candidate leading the republican field at the moment. :twocents:

You never answered the original question I posed. Do you think he was serious about having an electric fence that would kill people? Because it would seem to me that if you think he was serious, that would be the real outrage.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have no reason to disbelieve that he was serious about the electrified part, hooky. I've heard republican followers right here on INGO espouse the same thing and worse. Why would one of their candidates not reflect their wishes?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I have no reason to disbelieve that he was serious about the electrified part, hooky. I've heard republican followers right here on INGO espouse the same thing and worse. Why would one of their candidates not reflect their wishes?

If you had done any research at all, you would have found at least one or two reasons to believe he was joking.

Here is what I found after a one minute search on Google:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfpU19hWfM

And, by the way, that was uploaded to YouTube on 8-11-11.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So, he said he was joking, then went on to talk about having high fences. No more talk of killer electrified fences though.

I would have thought he would have learned the first time that people did not think his "joke" was funny and therefore maybe it would be good to not use it any more.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    So if Obama says he was "just joking" about everything hes done wrong, that would be ok right?

Two different beasts IMO. Obama has actually done those things, Cain is using it as a talking point and hasn't actually done anything yet. If Cain did then I think you could place him in the same boat.

Top Bottom