• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I tell you what, the more I read about these VZ's...the more I like them...and I have not even received mine yet. I hope I get one of the good ones.

Always liked the looks and history on the VZs but never owned one, so I'm fairly excited too.

And I hope the same things, I'm already looking at replacement sears and internals but just keep telling myself don't fix what ain't broke. It's going to take me a few hours when I get it just to tear it apart and make sure everything is right and level. Hell I went through 3 M+M AKs before I found one that was acceptable, and that wasn't even a CAI cluster

I've never shot with a folding stock before, but I have a feeling I may go this route too. I've heard that even wrapped with paracord it's not too comfortable.

Only folding stocks I've shot with were on AKs, my M70AB2 isn't bad, but then again it's one of the heaviest AKs out there so the the receiver takes a lot of the force.

I'm kind of giddy on this rifle. Before they sold out I really thought about ordering 2......

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Always liked the looks and history on the VZs but never owned one, so I'm fairly excited too.

And I hope the same things, I'm already looking at replacement sears and internals but just keep telling myself don't fix what ain't broke. It's going to take me a few hours when I get it just to tear it apart and make sure everything is right and level. Hell I went through 3 M+M AKs before I found one that was acceptable, and that wasn't even a CAI cluster

Only folding stocks I've shot with were on AKs, my M70AB2 isn't bad, but then again it's one of the heaviest AKs out there so the the receiver takes a lot of the force.

I'm kind of giddy on this rifle. Before they sold out I really thought about ordering 2......

I'm excited about it too. Wish Tech Sights made rear sights for it like they do for the AK. I have them on my Maadi and they make a huge difference. I'm going to need to get into it and take it apart at least enough to field strip it. I'm sure there's plenty of youtube videos about it though. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A standard AK sling will work with these won't it?

*Edit* Nevermind... found this one on ebay for 13.95 shipped.

$T2eC16d,!zcE9s4g3iF0BSB(UG4OTw~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Just in case you want a new muzzle device, cncwarrior has a variety in 14x1 RH threads. Some pretty inexpensive, too.

That's what I did, I went for the Slovakian style muzzlebreak but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Screwed on with absolutely no resistance although I know others have tried the different models and those were met with a little more resistance. BTW since that seemed like such a good deal at PSA I had to go ahead and order another one. I'm curious to see how this one might differ from the one I have now. Some differences encountered that I'm aware of are different rings for sling attachment, trigger guard, folding stock, and front sight guard. Seems like there was maybe something else but I can't recall right now.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Sucks about the threads being right handed. I have a spare PWS comp I wouldn't mind throwing on it but it's left hand thread.

That night brake looks cool though

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Being that I have never had one of these rifles before, what should I be looking for to make sure I did not get a lemon? Obviously, canted sights....what else?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've got a Czechpoint vz.58, I choose it after much deliberation and research over an AK. I have never regretted my decision! There are now many aftermarket options for stocks, some of the other accessories are harder to find now, NEA just dropped off the face of the vz market about a year ago. Bonesteel makes great handguards, but the lead times on ordering them are fairly prohibitive. I'm looking at getting the extended bolt release, as well as an extended, ambi mag release, and the ambi single point sling adapter. I also know of a vz.58 welding service that will add the tab to the bolt carrier for a nominal fee. As to the 14x1 RH threads, yeah, it's a pain, but that's what the Czechs did, I personally think that they did it just to **** off the Russians at the time! I would also suggest getting the Left hand optic mount rail, and then having it machined down to fit the vz2008. Then pick up a RS products side rail and appropriate upper for your RDS of choice.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    NEA just dropped off the face of the vz market about a year ago.

In a lot of VZ pic threads people have their rails, then you go to their sight and you can literally see tumbleweeds go back and fourth

Actually managed to find a place that had their rails in stock, debating on the lower portion, but that redish particle board.....I kind of like it. Would have to get it cerakoted to match the upper

Be nice if MI or Damage Industries made VZ rails forearms. I think a keymod style would look slick

Are VZ handguards like AKs? They heat up like a SOB after a mag?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Are VZ handguards like AKs? They heat up like a SOB after a mag?
    If you look closely at my avatar pic, you'll see a Magpul AFG2 on my bottom rail.... there's a reason for that! :D Even with the Aluminum handguards after about 2 or 3 mags, it gets rather warm to the touch! The "reddish particle board" what we vz nuts call "beaver barf" is a wood impregnated plastic, and it gets even hotter than the aluminum!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I love the term "beaver barf" :laugh:. If I had a VZ, I would definitely want the ugly furniture on it, but I know it's legendary at getting extremely hot. I would love to see someone put a heat shield inside of one like the Russian / Bulgarian series 100 forearms.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, it's been one week today since I ordered, but my order still says "Processing". I know Palmetto can be kind of slow to ship, so I'm trying to be patient, but dang... They've already charged my card, which I thought was a no-no until they ship, but maybe not. I'm anxious to get this puppy!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Welcome to PSA :laugh: They'll get it to you, just not in the timely manner some other places do.

Yeah, I went back and looked at some of my ammo orders from them, and the last one took 9 days from the time I placed the order until it was delivered, so I'm still not too far out of that window. It's just that patience is NOT one of my virtues! :):

Top Bottom