• ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How is ''Sales Tax'' handled?

If your a Indiana resident, do you still have to pay the sales tax of the other state on the rifle? ( This is probably a question for Mr. Obvious :dunno: )...

TK

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Since Cabelas has a store in Indiana, they should charge you Indiana State Sales Tax.

That is only when buying online (most online stores don't charge at all and make it your responsibility to report it on your taxes). When you buy something in another state, you just pay their sales taxes... no different than anything else.

Indiana prohibits selling rifles to residents of any state that don't border Indiana, but there is no law prohibiting Indiana residents from buying rifles from wherever they please.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I still did not receive a call back from Cabela's so I made another call today and spoke with one of their corporate gun buyers. He believes it is because of how their corporate lawyers interpret the Indiana law of only selling to bordering states. He will send an e-mail to their lawyers to see if they can review the Indiana law. I will not hold my breath but it is worth a try.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I still did not receive a call back from Cabela's so I made another call today and spoke with one of their corporate gun buyers. He believes it is because of how their corporate lawyers interpret the Indiana law of only selling to bordering states. He will send an e-mail to their lawyers to see if they can review the Indiana law. I will not hold my breath but it is worth a try.
    If you talk to them again, please forward me the contact information, I would be happy to share with them my positive experiences at the other Cableas store across the nation.

This is not a corporate policy, I believe it is limited to the Kansas City Store. As i mentioned in an earlier post, "This is probably a case of a store manager not knowing the difference between "rules" and "law", and should be cleared up shortly. My money is on Cabelas doing the right thing. "

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Thanks 6Birds. I will be going to the Kansas City store in a few weeks. If nothing has changed I will probably call them again.

Top Bottom