• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I just sent an email to the PoC for Monroe County... any other Monroe residents interested in doing this? As others have said, any training is good training!

:)

PM me if interested and I'll try and co-ordinate something.

Now that Hooker is gone, Monroe County might actually be able to get constructive emergency response going again. That man was an idiot.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I was supposed to go to this month's Indy class but had some stuff come up. I'll most likely be at the August class. Once I get my instructor certification, I'll set up and INGO CERT training. (wink)

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Understood jsx, thats is what I was trying to get accomplished but my county has blown there budget on something else..

I will have a source for the CERT kits cheap.. Soon..

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I doubt that there is much beyond a nice piece of paper which says you've attended the course. What you will be taught is some basic knowledge and skills in safe operating procedures for hazard identification, fire safety and utility controls, disaster medical operations and first aid, and "light" collapsed structure search and rescue. You will also get some information on disaster psychology and a unit on response to terrorism.

There are 9 instructional units to the program, including the initial orientation to the course. From what I've skimmed of the material, there is a fair amount of basic information that you can take back with you. The essence of the training (and the most variable part of it) will be the individual skills the instructor(s) has to impart and the amount of time taken to allow the students to practice those skills.

While I haven't taught most of the course, I have taught the "light search and rescue" module. You would do well to recruit a local Firefighter/EMT/Paramedic to supplement the medical training and fire suppression information you get in the course.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Thats great Lynn if you make the July course let us know how it went !

Ravenwoodranch - I'll be in the Aug. course, see you there !

Cheers

IndyPrepper

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Hopefully that means August session will actually happen. At least 4 -5 of us here signed up for it :-) Will be cool to hang with some of the INGO crowd.

Cheers

IndyPrepper

Top Bottom