• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Bersa 380 which is a joy to shoot and to carry. Never any problems for me. In fact, everyone who's shots it loves it too. However, getting ammo for it has gotten ridiculous. I'd look at another caliber for that reason alone. I don't like having a firearm that's great to shoot, but I don't shoot it as often as I'd like because the ammo is too much or not available...

My :twocents:...

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Wife 's new carry

Guys I greatly appreciate the input . I think we'll go looking this weekend
    the smaller glocks are an option too , even if I have to flop down a few extra dollars . She has carried a Jennings 22 (don't laugh) for about the last 10 years , every time we take it out shooting , it functions flawless , but she wants something with a little more thump.
    THANKS

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I like the Ruger LCP for PP

Going to buy the wife a 380 sometime next week . I know alot of you guys have them out there . Any suggestions on the good and the bad would be great , would like to stay under 400.00.

Thanks

I see a lot of guns doing transfers and the Ruger LCP is a good choice for someone wanting a gun easy to conceal, high quality, and good value. Most important it is gun you will take with you when you go out which is the purpose of buying one for personal protection use. Does it have stopping power like a 45, of course not but it is better than a 22 or a 25 or a 32. Right ammo in a vital spot will stop anyone. Unless your wife needs to carry some cannon go with the LCP, you can't beat Ruger quality for the money. Just got another one for myself today, this is the second, I sold my first to a customer and after I did I regreted it. They are nice carry guns. You should be able to get one in the $300-$320 range plus tax. Lots on Gunbroker. :twocents:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    If you want a high quality .380, get a Sig Sauer P232. It is another gun that I wish I wouldn't have sold. While I am not a big fan of .380, it is a fun gun to shoot and the kick isn't bad at all.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I purchased my .380 nickel plated Thunder from Wyatt's a couple of years ago and it had three red dots on the sights right out of the box. Oh, and yes, it is a great pistol.

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    I heard Walther is coming out with a P380 just like the P22 at the same price. I think the 22s come with a threaded barrel but not sure about the 380. Definitely under $400.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I just picked up The Ruger LCP with the crimson laser. I paid $475 . I think it is a great little gun but it does need the laser IMO. Wasnt crazy about the stock sights. The wife loves it.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have a Sig p232. Blow-back .380s tend to have snappy recoil. The slide is harder to operate than my G19 or a 1911. Ammo is presently scarce.

Upside is the gun is a dream to conceal.

If it was my wife, I'd make sure she shot the .380 I was considering before purchase.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    1)Have here go to the shops and decide what feels best for her.
    2)If the shop does not have a range and rental guns, see if you can meet with a member and try out theirs.
    My wife currently has two different Bersa Thunder .380's. She likes the weight and feel. As far as ammo availability,guess I am just lucky as I have not had any issues with getting 380 ammo. In fact I gave some PD rounds away to another member yesterday.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a Sig p232. Blow-back .380s tend to have snappy recoil. The slide is harder to operate than my G19 or a 1911. Ammo is presently scarce.

Upside is the gun is a dream to conceal.

If it was my wife, I'd make sure she shot the .380 I was considering before purchase.

Great point about the slide. My wife couldn't rack the slide on my Bersa 380. If I still had it I would let her shoot it, but I don't. :(

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    My girlfriend carries a LCP, and loves it. I can't shoot it worth a crap (stupid gorilla sized hands). She likes it MUCH better than the Walther PPK/S that we had. Difficult to operate slide and very hard trigger for her, but otherwise very high quality.

My pocket carry gun is a S&W 642. If she isn't opposed to revolvers than I highly recommend it.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nobody has mentioned the Desert Eagle .380 . Is there a reason for this? I have held a few, but never got to fire one. 1. because I was in a gun store and 2. they didn't have any ammo for it. :laugh:

06orange1300c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Amy (the wife) has a Sig 232. She pretty much worships it. I have not been at all disappointed with it as far as accuracy or reliability. It is a good size for a womans hand. I had a Kel-Tec 3at but it kicked pretty well with such little weight. I had the NAA in .32. That was a great little carry piece. Good luck what ever you decide.

Top Bottom