• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I highly recommend Lost Dutchman Coins in Lawrence. They have been very patient with me when I come in and ask a ton of questions I can't find answers to online.

They will sell you junk silver under melt for INGO members and they have Silver Eagles and prevately minted bars/rounds most of the time.

+100
    They run a great little shop and the staff are all very helpful and awesome to work with.
    Plus they are an INGO site supporter.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is there a reason someone would want to have silver coins instead of the bars?

Yes !

If you are only wanting a loaf of bread, how you going to pay if you only have (1) oz silver rounds ? That's one way 90% coins have an advantage. You can have dimes, quarters, and halves...

Note, the coins I'm talking about here what many call " junk " silver or " common date ", not the coins that carry a numismatic premium such as the older dollars or any " key" date or mint marked coins. Basically, the coins with some wear, no special date or mint marks...

If your looking for silver more for a short term investment, I always throw it on my dealer by simply asking what he'll give me the best buy on... One day you might get the better buy on some bars he just took in for " spot" and another day he might be able to give you a better deal on the " melt " price of 90% coinage...

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Has anyone bought from www.slivertowne.com ? There located in Indiana and have free shipping and no surcharge for credit cards.

My only thought there, is that you should take into account sales tax when comparing prices from other online silver sellers. I am not positive that they will have to charge you tax, but I am pretty sure since they are in Indiana.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I highly recommend Lost Dutchman Coins in Lawrence. They have been very patient with me when I come in and ask a ton of questions I can't find answers to online.

They will sell you junk silver under melt for INGO members and they have Silver Eagles and prevately minted bars/rounds most of the time.

They were "ok" when I went it and the guy I dealt with seemed far more interested in watching the IU game then helping me buy the silver I wanted

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    when buying from them i get the option to send money order. is this a good idea?

I've only made purchases via credit card. I say your best bet for these type of questions is to become a forum member here:
    Gold is Money - The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney

They even have a section where you can ask members their opinions of various coin dealers.
    PM Dealer Feedback

You can read through the forums without being a member. I go by ocsdor there too.

4GvnSnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012

I'm new to buying silver but the cheapest I have been able to find on junk silver is $1.50 over spot. Is it common to find places that will sell under spot?

4GvnSnr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    As for your second question, I cannot give you financial advise. For myself, I have been buying American Silver Eagles and Canadian Silver Maples for over a year now. Since I believe the dollar is going to crash in the near future, I believe now is a good time to buy silver for me.

I'm around the Lafayette area myself and was just curious, do you buy locally anywhere and if so where have you found the best place to buy from? Thanks

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Fairly close would be hendricks County estate buyers in brownsburg. they sell junk , rounds, and ASE. ask for Justin. he will give you a good price

I'm around the Lafayette area myself and was just curious, do you buy locally anywhere and if so where have you found the best place to buy from? Thanks

Top Bottom