• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I think this is a common misconception: ammo "gougers" will be stuck with all this ammo and have to sell it for less than cost.

Unless they're buying it from CTD I seriously doubt this will happen en masse.

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    reloading

I have to reload enough 9mm for a family of four that goes to the range 10 to 15 times a year and goes through 1000 rds each time. I was lucky enough to buy enough reloading supplies for 10000 rds before the big O got relected so I am set so far but if things dont change by summers end I could be short, hope not ,but maybe, I guess I hoarded a little but did it all before ***** hit the fan......Bob

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have to reload enough 9mm for a family of four that goes to the range 10 to 15 times a year and goes through 1000 rds each time. I was lucky enough to buy enough reloading supplies for 10000 rds before the big O got relected so I am set so far but if things dont change by summers end I could be short, hope not ,but maybe, I guess I hoarded a little but did it all before ***** hit the fan......Bob

Dialing it back a touch isn't a possibility?

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I took my wife with me to GM last Saturday. She offered to go.. Someone actually grabbed a box out of my hands. I looked him in the eyes and said "really?" He promptly returned the box and apologized. I had 40 rounds before I went and now I have 360 rounds. I feel much better about that now. I would like to have at least 800 before I start shooting it. I feel that this mentality is common right now...however, at no time has this been a game for me. I want to be able to shoot some and keep the rest for an emergency. There are a lot of ammo flippers out there though...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Dialing it back a touch isn't a possibility?

Hey - don't ask people to conserve in a time of shortage. THIS IS MURICA.

I took my wife with me to GM last Saturday. She offered to go.. Someone actually grabbed a box out of my hands. I looked him in the eyes and said "really?" He promptly returned the box and apologized. I had 40 rounds before I went and now I have 360 rounds. I feel much better about that now. I would like to have at least 800 before I start shooting it. I feel that this mentality is common right now...however, at no time has this been a game for me. I want to be able to shoot some and keep the rest for an emergency. There are a lot of ammo flippers out there though...

That's just ridiculous. I wouldn't think of grabbing something out of someone's hand. Good way to get hit.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Gotta ask ....are you calling me a stupid redneck??

It was a satirical comment based on the attitude of many on this forum that they're entitled to ammo and it's everyone else's fault. Didn't intend for it to be directed at you.

Also, I don't hold any disdain for rednecks.

Also, your quoted posts would work if you add this to the end of your quote:

"[ /QUOTE]" (without the quotes...I mean, still include the word "quote", but no actual quotation marks....ok this is getting complicated. Also I had to put a space in there to make it show up)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I haven't bought anywhere close to what I usually do. I only buy what I plan on shooting at the range and just rotate my stock. Shoot the older and put the new on bottom and it'll cycle up. Like I always say, it's hard to not see this coming with the past political climate. I hate it for the new gun owners but they'll figure it out.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I think this is a common misconception: ammo "gougers" will be stuck with all this ammo and have to sell it for less than cost.

Unless they're buying it from CTD I seriously doubt this will happen en masse.

Oh no, you mean they'll have "too much" ammunition on hand?

What a horrifying problem to have!

:):

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ammo game appears to be the only game in town, soon to be followed by Gas shortage game, money depriciation game, and or food shortage game. Hope you have scored big during the ammo shortage game, whemn the next editions come out.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just go to the "Get your ammo here" thread. At the top of the thread, click on "Thread Tools" and click on "Subscribe to this thread" on the drop down menu. Then ask for email notification on that menu. Every time the trhead is added to, you'll get an email.

I did not know such a feature was available. Thanks for the cool tip!

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    I've never waited in line nor have I over paid. If I happen to be somewhere that sells ammo I'll swing through and check if any is in stock. I've gotten lucky a few times and never paid more than $13.99 /box for 50rd 9mm.

I do not have time to go out of my way looking for ammo and I definitely don't have time to wait in lines or make special ammo run trips.

:n00b:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a coworker who does flea markets on the weekend. He's come into work on Monday and say he made anywhere from $500-1000. I don't think he ever once accounted for his time and expenses. He thinks he's in it for the money. It has to be more of a hobby than anything.

I agree! The best bet for everyone to is to chill out for a month or two and let everything settle down. But it won't happen sadly.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    I have bought some ammo during this shortage. I did pay a little more than normal but a few bucks more wasn't that bad. I didn't want to dive into the stash in the safe. Now i have enough that will last me several trips to the range. Some i found on the internet and some i just happened to be at the right store at the right time.

mdm2272

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    North Central Indiana
    As long as people are buying off gunbroker/armslist at those inflated prices then you are going to see people buying it up and re-selling it. Let them keep buying it up and make them sit on it, not buying it from them will drive their price down.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I do look at Wal-Mart with some regularity to see if I can buy ammo at reasonable prices because I am concerned that private sellers and gun stores that are selling at ridiculous prices may result in the prices staying higher when the supply comes back. When I find 22LR at WM, it is around 4-5 cents a round, which is what it should be, instead of the 10-12 cents a round. Same for 9mm -- 100 round box for $22 instead of 50 rounds for the same price at the local gun store. Am I buying more than I need? That is hard to say since we don't know what the future holds, especially under BHO.

Top Bottom