• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    This is worse than the hoarders. So you have me that lives in a rather small town and there are a few gun shops in my area. So if something AR related for example hits the shelves I have a greater chance of getting it rather someone in a large populated area. Its no secret that a lot of people are trying to make a quick buck and the ones I hate with a passion are the ones just buying all the ammo up just to flip it on gunbroker for a profit. Especially the ones who are buying calibers they dont even own.

What made my day was the other day at my LGS some young guy walks in and starts talking to much saying how there is a huge demand for 9mm and .40 in his area. So the clerk asks him is this for you and well he replied no I dont even own this caliber just going to sell it and to my surprise the clerk refused the sale. Made my day. Ok done ranting.

You have the ones complaining about the prices now and the ones complaining about the ones complaining about the prices now. Im the one complaining about the ones buying ammo for guns they dont have.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    These "Ammo Zombies" are haunting the Walmarts and LGSs around Indy as well helping to protract the shortage and panic. Somehow they find out when shipments are going to be unpacked and next thing you know there is a whole line waiting before the stuff even comes out of the carton. I will absolutely not buy any ammo from these folks out of the various classifieds. I'll stop shooting first.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    There are 2 walmarts within 10 min from me and they have recently gotten 420 round 62gr 5.56 in an ammo can and they are selling it for 189.99 and these sharks buy it instantly and post it on armslist for more than 500.00

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I like free enterprise!

I have been known to buy mixed lots of reloading stuff just so I get ammo/dies/brass for a caliber I don't own so I can have an incentive to try it out!

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I like free enterprise!

I have been known to buy mixed lots of reloading stuff just so I get ammo/dies/brass for a caliber I don't own so I can have an incentive to try it out!

This is one thing. I do the same to be honest and its led me into 6.5 Grendel and .270 Win Mag. But there is a difference between buying, hording and eventually using it yourself and instantly turning around, selling it on gunbroker. I'm all for capitalism and this is capitalism at it's finest i supposed. However, I personally cannot bring myself to rip someone off. I have about 1200 in my grendel, I've watched them go for 4 grand on gunbroker. I could turn a quick buck easy but I wont. :patriot::ingo:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is one thing. I do the same to be honest and its led me into 6.5 Grendel and .270 Win Mag. But there is a difference between buying, hording and eventually using it yourself and instantly turning around, selling it on gunbroker. I'm all for capitalism and this is capitalism at it's finest i supposed. However, I personally cannot bring myself to rip someone off. I have about 1200 in my grendel, I've watched them go for 4 grand on gunbroker. I could turn a quick buck easy but I wont. :patriot::ingo:

I couldn't do it myself either, buy to sell, and I admit its hard not to begrudge those that do. Love of a way of life sometimes means there are things I don't like but have to accept. Kind of like marriage :)

I tend to be a buyer so my fix is getting what I believe to be a good deal on my purchase price. One day maybe I will learn the joys of selling.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend

I myself have a 6.5 grendel AR platform. Its quite a rifle. I dont reload so Im having trouble finding ammo for it right now

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Buying reloading stuff (for a good deal) as an excuse to buy a gun is just a part of being a gun guy (or gal). Buying ammo, especially for something you dont own, only to jack up the price to someone else is just low.
    The only thing that makes me smile about it that eventually it will level off, and stock levels will come back. Then the bottom feeders that are sitting on the stockpiles that they cant even shoot will be eating the price, because old ammo (produced durring the panic buying) isnt worth as much to me as the same thing, new from a manufacturer, that was produced when they werent under such pressure to ship out products. The quality of the ammo coming out now is very likely not quite as good as the stuff made 6-8 months ago.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I myself have a 6.5 grendel AR platform. Its quite a rifle. I dont reload so Im having trouble finding ammo for it right now

If you have the brass, I'll buy the brass from you. As for 6.5 grendel ammo, online is about the only hope. Midway shows some Alexander Arms ammo for 6.5 grendel in stock as of right now. Also, Ammunition Barn as some as well.

sorry for the thread jack

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    If you have the brass, I'll buy the brass from you. As for 6.5 grendel ammo, online is about the only hope. Midway shows some Alexander Arms ammo for 6.5 grendel in stock as of right now. Also, Ammunition Barn as some as well.

sorry for the thread jack

Im the OP so I guess its cool. Ill shoot you a pm I have brass

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Was just at a Dick's that informed a guy he is permanently banned from buying ammo at their store for buying only to flip a profit in the parking lot of gun shows and online. He and a group of guys were going there every morning at opening to buy up what came in on the truck. Huge +1 for Dick's!

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    I buy 223 and 308 when I see it for sale even though I don't shoot it. I either sell it to friends who do for my purchase price or take it to shows and trade it for what I need.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'd be tempted to follow these types out of the store and give them a little boot dance on their heads. :bat: but that would only make me feel good until the police arrived. :(

I have to wonder why this one has such staying power. I do hope that people come to their sense soon and simply make these profiteers eat their goods for a while so they realize the boom is done and they need to get sane already or they will have to keep their ill gotten goods forever.

Personally, I am making a list of every profiteer I find on eBay and Gunbroker and when this ends I will continue to boycott them forever. This applies only to those who are listing the ridiculously inflated Buy it NOW prices. If an auction goes into the stratosphere, that's on those bidding. There are plenty of people who aren't gouging or trying to take advantage of this stupidity that I don't need to patronize those who are being jerks now or ever again.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009

I presume you meant the 270WSM (Short Mag)?

I am with you on the scum-bags out there who buy up all the ammo they can find, in certain cartridges, only to "flip it" for a profit on armslist or gunbroker. No form of torture would be cruel enough for those guys, IMHO! :draw:

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I can find countless threads referring to 'ammo and supplies' becoming the currency of the future and that many of you have stocked up to have extra to barter should SHTF.

Although I am as frustrated by the lack of ammo, I can't fault those that 'beat me to the counter' simply because I have a more noble use for it. The problem is not the purchaser, but the idiots that are paying their outrageous prices and fueling the process.

I have a few calibers that I don't own (common ones) for trade purposes and arming less prepared neighbors should the need arise. Depending on the need, I could sell them outright to fill another need. What I choose to do with my legally purchased property is none of your damned business.

FYI: I refuse to participate in the frenzy, but I certain agree with and defend your right to do so. If I don't like your price, I'll move on.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    In past years that was the joy of going to knob creek, you always found ammo or supplies that were too good to pass up even when you didnt have any use for them. Still doing it. I'm supplied with many things for firearms I may purchase down the road. Remember the best time to buy anything is when you dont need it and can afford to stock it away for latter use. I have never had a problem weathering any shortage or ban. I still think the panic buying money will run dry soon and things will come down to a new normal and stock will fill shelves again.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Here's a story I went into the Brownsburg Wal mart and I was looking at ammo, and a guy says what ammo you need, and I said well like a lot of people I am out of 223. He replies yeah I know when the truck comes in and I buy every single round of ammo I can! He says do you need an ar, I said maybe what do you have? He replies well I buy every ar here I can get my hands on, I said really I said well bow much do you want for the colt? Because he said he has bought sigs,dpms, and colt! I believe the colts are like 899 or so he said I've been selling them 2200, I replied with one word! Wow! I said you better becareful doing that wouldn't that be illegal, since you are buying to gouge people with the intent to resell. He said they can't prove it!

Top Bottom