• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Here's a story I went into the Brownsburg Wal mart and I was looking at ammo, and a guy says what ammo you need, and I said well like a lot of people I am out of 223. He replies yeah I know when the truck comes in and I buy every single round of ammo I can! He says do you need an ar, I said maybe what do you have? He replies well I buy every ar here I can get my hands on, I said really I said well bow much do you want for the colt? Because he said he has bought sigs,dpms, and colt! I believe the colts are like 899 or so he said I've been selling them 2200, I replied with one word! Wow! I said you better becareful doing that wouldn't that be illegal, since you are buying to gouge people with the intent to resell. He said they can't prove it!

That's very much frowned upon and I'm pretty sure the BATFE will figure it out!

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I do have to admit I have purchased ammo for a gun I don't own to shoot but I had the fullest intent to buy that gun and after buying ammo for it I had to buy it so its not like I was buying what ever ammo I could find, I was buying ammo for my next gun.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Here's a story I went into the Brownsburg Wal mart and I was looking at ammo, and a guy says what ammo you need, and I said well like a lot of people I am out of 223. He replies yeah I know when the truck comes in and I buy every single round of ammo I can! He says do you need an ar, I said maybe what do you have? He replies well I buy every ar here I can get my hands on, I said really I said well bow much do you want for the colt? Because he said he has bought sigs,dpms, and colt! I believe the colts are like 899 or so he said I've been selling them 2200, I replied with one word! Wow! I said you better becareful doing that wouldn't that be illegal, since you are buying to gouge people with the intent to resell. He said they can't prove it!

Give it some time. I have family that works higher up in office they have been discussing no sales of ammo of firearms to employees.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    As annoying as it is, as long as idiots continue to buy ammo from the price gougers that try to flip ammo for profit they will continue to do so. Their get rich quick scheme will only fail when buyers refuse to pay their price. Then, these morons will be sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo they won't be able to sell unless they lower their price significantly.

Now, out of sheer sadistic pleasure, I hope that those who have been buying up everything they can and selling it on armslist, gun shows, or wherever end up getting hit by the IRS for failure to pay taxes on their profit. I'm not really sure how the IRS would be able to sufficiently prove it, but at the same time I know these price gougers sure aren't paying their fair share of taxes for their activities.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Business is business and this is America! Buy and sell what you want. Make a dollar where you can. The clerk at the shop probably lost a lot of future business from the kid and anyone else he knows.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Business is business and this is America! Buy and sell what you want. Make a dollar where you can. The clerk at the shop probably lost a lot of future business from the kid and anyone else he knows.
    I'm certain the clerk's move will bring in more business than he is losing from the kid.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Was just at a Dick's that informed a guy he is permanently banned from buying ammo at their store for buying only to flip a profit in the parking lot of gun shows and online. He and a group of guys were going there every morning at opening to buy up what came in on the truck. Huge +1 for Dick's!
    **** Dick's

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have not since this panic started and have never gone to a store to do so, but if I see ammo for a really good price or if somebody I know is trying to get rid of some ammo I will generally buy it. Just the bargain hunter in me. I do also hate how people are doing things now. It is doing nothing but driving up the prices and making it more difficult for people who actually enjoy the hobby. You do also have to look at the people paying these insane prices, If there were not people willing to buy at those prices there would be no sellers.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    When my Uncle and I went to Terre Haute today to do a trade on primers, There were several gun shops limiting how much you could buy.

We went across the border into Illinois to a gun shop that had primers. but they were only allowing 100 primers per person per day. For a person needing primers to load 3-400 rounds it kinda sucked. Yet on the other hand, I liked the idea so the *********s couldn't buy them all up and price gouge. One employee and my uncle were talking and he was telling my uncle that they have had more compliments on limiting the amount vs complaints. The employee also said that the ones that complained the most about only able to get 100 per day very rarely returned, so that only proved what they were really up to.

Now, I will admit, a couple weeks ago I bought up some primers that I don't use. BUT, I am not selling them, I am trading straight up for primers that I do need... I have severely cut my plinking way down due to not having any primers and not being able to find any.

Thanks to a couple of members here, I have primers to reload and to go plinking again. However, until the primer shelves start stocking up, I won't be plinking nearly as much as I did last year. And am afraid "slide fire" will being seeing more dust this year than ammo... Along with my 22's I am completely out and I will fall over dead before I pay 12+ cents per round for bulk 22 ammo

**** gougers!!!!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I bought some brass for a rifle that I don't possess. However, it was with the intent of reloading it for my Dad.

I also bought an extra bulk box of .22 lr with the intent of offering it (at cost) to a friend that said he was out or keeping it if he had found any since I talked to him.

Making money by sapping the joy out of someone's hobby or preying on fear just isn't for me.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I'll buy some .223 if I see it, usually a 20 rd box or two, and I don't own anything that will shoot it.
    A buddy of mine and I have a deal - he shoots .223; if I see some, I'll grab a box or two for him. In return, if he sees what I shoot, he'll pick me up a box or two of that. No money changes hands, it's just a couple of buddies helping each other out. :yesway:

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    I don't think I would ever buy ammo for something I don't own. Swapping with a buddy like 10 forward said is a good idea. I will admit I lots of ammo left over from guns I've sold 30 carbine, 308 marlin, 223 ect but I feel ill own another in that caliber.

Top Bottom