• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Anybody ever mess with one? I have a chrome one I bought cheap when I was younger. Just thought it looked cool, but never learned any fancy tricks or anything. :) Anybody else?

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Funny you should ask. I was just getting ready to re-sharpen the one I've had for decades. I used to work with it quite a bit, back in the day, but never really considered it a practical self-defense blade. For the past 10-15 years, it has mostly just sat on the shelf. Why hone the blade? Well, because. Knives should be sharp.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Excellent knives, at least the quality ones. The first one handed tactical folders. I was known to carry on on midnight shift. Problem is that they are prohibited many places. I had toyed with the idea of Tactical Balisong DVD at one time. The gold standard of current production balisongs is the Benchmade 42. I prefer the 42MC (metal clip) so you can carry it like any other folder. Closed they are also a great impact tool.- George

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have one that I have had for about ten years now. It just sits in the safe, gets brought out every once in a while to be shown, but thats about it. I don't really have any tricks I can do with it.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I am friends with some of the best flippers in the world. No exaggeration. One is Heath Willard AKA Icon of Sin. My daughter also flips.- George

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I have a cheap 15 dollar one from the mall. I learned a couple tricks with it then lost it. It's only my second butterfly knife lost. I just cant hang onto a blade for more then two months tops.:dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've had one for years. Got it back in high school. Its my junk-around knife. Good for hacking though stuff. Not sure of the maker, but it has held up OK.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's one for ya...for only $1600. Hand ground by Alan Elishewtiz himself - #12 of 17.

BM-ElishewitzBali-12of17-800.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I still remember when my dad brought one home from the Philippines for me. One of my cousins gave him his personal knife to give to me, for which I will always be grateful. I sent a Taylor Cutlery "Manila Folder" to him to replace it, but I don't know if he ever got.

I also remember that I asked my dad to teach me how to open and close it with one hand. He took it from me, flipped it opened and closed really fast, and then said, "Go practice."

Thumper317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Greenfield
    I use to play with them when i was younger, and i got what i thought was good. I could do a couple of tricks and if i just did a basic flip open and close i was pretty fast. Although i never really had anyone teach me but i thought they were a blast and would love to own another one.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Ive had one from taylor/seto & a benchmade tanto ,sold the taylor ,broke the blade on the benchmade ,still have a couple of cheapies I keep to amuse my kids friends. They're fun until you lose a finger

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I bought a half-way decent one when I was in high-school. I never knew if they were legal or not so I never really carried it around with me. It has just been sitting on my desk for the past few years being used as a letter opener. I can still do some tricks with it, nothing spectacular. Seems like it would be a fun hobby to learn to get good with them if you have the time.

Top Bottom