• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    No, the tape is something they do at Knob Creek (and I would assume at Blade, but it was new to me at KC) so there isn't a table full of hair-popping sharp blades being bumped into by everyone. When I bought these, they had the tape on them, then they were packaged in the cardboard, wrapped in tissue paper and packing tape. Secure, tight little packaging. It's a little bit of a pain getting the tape and residue off the satin finish, but a very understandable thing to do at a show like KC.

The pork shank...I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I'm with you on it being very nicely done (as, I'm certain, anything from their Custom Shop is), but I kinda just grabbed it as an afterthought in the hopes I can find it a 'loving' home through a trade towards something higher on my want list. Now that I've had it for a bit (still unused), it's kinda grown on me...I'm still far from the point of having non-user Busse blades, and it'd seem such a shame to scratch it up.

sir I can promise you after using many of busse's that is what they are made for. the steal is awesome and such a joy to maintain and sharpen. the beauty of busses is the using of them. (well for all but bobby. no matter how much I plead with that sob he won't use his :) )

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Won't be using this one either. :draw:

She sure feels good in the hand though.

Oi ve! that is, um, sexy?

What model is that a mojo?

If you don't mind what did it set you back (yes, I know its worth much more than that - but it might give me more gumption to hit the next KC!)

I really wish I would have went - the badger prototypes were at a price point I would have been unable to not pick one or two up if possible :'(

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    The knife went to Knob Creek but I'm not sure it ever went public. I bought it second hand so I had to pay a premium. I know the Mojo variant that Roenman posted on bladeforums had a sticker price of $1027 and then you had tax on top of that for a total of $1096.30. It was only a single harpoon though and I don't know if this one would have been more or not.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Yep, got it off the USN. Carried it for a bit but I've never really like how the GW fit my hand. Not sure why I keep buying them thinking that maybe I'll like the next one.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    I picked up another Busse a couple days ago. Replacing my first Busse, that was so rudely stolen last year. It's an ugly little user.

Behold, my new (to me) stripped SJTAC: (Not my pic, I'm just using the one from the listing.)

Top Bottom