• hfdcowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Ok I may have a problem

kT2zJy3.jpg

However I did get to beat up the steel heart this weekend.

SnZW7uj.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Latest score from the last 1500... Now where to get some nice leather - what colors look good on giraffe bone? And how 'fragile' is giraffe bone, I'd like to turn this into a MDC (most days carry) with some showy leather - but not if the bone is really fragile.IMG_20140319_174016.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah..they should've taken some pics before they flipped em :rofl:

Haters gonna hate.

Don't pull a Tom K, not everyone has to get trough stomped at Blade :)

As for pics, seems like us regulars who's bene going there for a while just kind of got out of taking pics. Takes too much time, cuts into drinking, and when you do post pics, they're always wrong. Last show I took pics at when they had all those competition finish HG55 variants

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Mark how does the SOB feel in the hand. this is one of the first busse offerings in a bit I'm excited about. It looks like a damn good woods/bushcraft blade?

Same, last Busse that actually made me go wow was the pork shank, this one made my eyes get big as well.

It's pretty much a SHBA, it feels great, but the handle is a little shorter than the SHBA so your hand doesn't slide as much and the beer gut bulge helps fill your hand and make up for the thin (.163") blade. Overall, I really like it. Should make a great woods/bushcrafter blade, think baby skinny ASH

Last time I posted a pic of a Busse it caused a ruckus.

Yup, you should have used better judgment. Ruckus is an understatement, a certain member on a certain forum even made a thread in the yard bashing certain members who went to KC even though he resold Hawkeye daggers at a larger mark up. That thread got deep sixed pretty quick.

Shame on you Bobby, shAAme.....

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    My recent score from KC (the actual show, Friday morning).

Unfortunately, I was unaware of the true significance of Thursday night. There wasn't much left for me to pick through :(
    Top to bottom: Custom Shop pork shank, Basic 4, two mean streets.

P.S. Dang, those post rather large...not sure how to change that.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    That anniversary mojo with harpoon tip that Bill just posted up for sale has me soooooo tempted. I just wish I knew what they felt like in the hand before I pull the trigger.
    [h=2][/h]

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Nice, you got the shank and the unnumbered B4 LE :yesway:

As for the Mojo, I was shocked, to me they felt pretty damn good. I'd be down for a user one it felt so good sort of thing

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Nice, you got the shank and the unnumbered B4 LE :yesway:

Is that what the B4 is actually? With no number on the blade, I didn't know if it was a LE or not. There were 3 of them left on the table at the show. I just grabbed one. I guess I should have looked more closely at the other ones. It's scary sharp though. Once I got all the tape residue off, I went to check if it was shave-my-arm sharp.....yeah....touched my arm and cut in...

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    WOW! I love the Pork Shank bowie. I'd be up for one of those with canvas.

So, has tape replaced the cardboard?

No, the tape is something they do at Knob Creek (and I would assume at Blade, but it was new to me at KC) so there isn't a table full of hair-popping sharp blades being bumped into by everyone. When I bought these, they had the tape on them, then they were packaged in the cardboard, wrapped in tissue paper and packing tape. Secure, tight little packaging. It's a little bit of a pain getting the tape and residue off the satin finish, but a very understandable thing to do at a show like KC.

The pork shank...I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I'm with you on it being very nicely done (as, I'm certain, anything from their Custom Shop is), but I kinda just grabbed it as an afterthought in the hopes I can find it a 'loving' home through a trade towards something higher on my want list. Now that I've had it for a bit (still unused), it's kinda grown on me...I'm still far from the point of having non-user Busse blades, and it'd seem such a shame to scratch it up.

Top Bottom