• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i plan to be there, but wont be spending my hard earned money on overpriced stuff. the gun show to me has an ambiance that makes me warm and fuzzy and i enjoy that.

plus the people and crowd watching should be interesting, ill get to compare my 4 month beard to that others in attendance

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Oh this 1500 should be an event remembered and talked about for years to come. I think I am safe to say it will be a sellers market.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I disagree with one of the previous posts saying the people are rude. I've always found the 1500 attendees to be very polite. Now, there are enough muzzle sweeps to last a lifetime but rude and ignorant/careless are different.

Agreed, vendors and attendees are usually pretty cool about stuff. Good thing too. It reflects well on the gun culture that we be cool with each other.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I don't think I'll be going. The January show is usually super busy especially on Saturday. Although if I DO go I'll be like many of you who have posted already, people watching, comparing beards :) I'll be much more interested in reloading stuff than anything at this point.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    I know it will be so crowded, people bumping into people tables will be at least 6 rows deep. I would like to spend most of my time in the reloading tables. I know things will be outragious, but it will be good to get out and see others exspecially meet new INGO's.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I would like a bolt gun to start a "sniper" build, but there are less painful ways to get it. I love all the gear. The crowd is too much for me! I also expect this year to be the worst!

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    Well, I've been able to get my 9mm from Wally for $10/box and got a PF-9 mag through eBay, so there's not much else I need or can afford for the hassle and crush of people.
    I'll Don't know what I'll be doing, but it won't involve the 1500 or the second coronation (except to try to watch the parade to see my alma mater on horseback (Culver)).

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I live in NE Indiana and never been to a 1500. Is it just a super sized gun show or what makes it stand out? I assume from my reading that the 1500 only comes once a year.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I live in NE Indiana and never been to a 1500. Is it just a super sized gun show or what makes it stand out? I assume from my reading that the 1500 only comes once a year.

It comes quarterly. It is a supersized gun show. It has been a tradition for me and my dad but since his passing last fall I've started a new tradition with my nephew.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Indy 1500

I've got a half a mind to go to this one myself, and possibly try to sell my ******. If I did, I imagine I could make a nice return on my initial investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    I was thinking about making the trip to the 1500, but after trying to go to the Sharonville, OH show in Dec. (looking for ammo) the line was a 100yds. long outside the main entrance. I bet it took an hour just to get in. Indy is probably going to be worse! I think I'll wait it out and maybe try this Spring or Summer if the histeria dies down some.

TScottTX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    After seeing the turnout at Ft Worth TX a couple of weeks ago my advise is to arrive VERY early. Enjoy the show!

davebradley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Martinsville, IN
    I could easily spend every dime I have that weekend. Not all that interested in another AR, but I like all the cool things that go with them. I see this as a real revelation about how people will react in a major catastrophe.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The shops I have been to lately look like thieves cleared the gun counter. I have no idea what they will have to bring to the show other than left over scraps.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    If revolver prices at the last few Kokomo, Lebanon and other shows are any indication revolver prices are NOT coming down at all. At Lebanon this weekend one vendor had a used S&W Model 57 in .41 magnum for $900 and he was not about to budge on price. S&W 29-3 for $1050? S&W revolvers are like gold bricks, they only keep going up in value or staying put at very high prices. Maybe, just maybe there may be deals on "regular" shotguns and by that I mean anything with a wood stock and non-tactical. Forget Colt Pythons and the prices be asked for same. Ammo prices will be ridiculous and .223 will hover at $1 per round or more. The crowds will be insane and the people who put on the show will not increase the amount of cashiers or entrances with cashiers to speed up entry. The organizers should wake up on this upcoming "disaster" of a show and make it easier for people to get in and out. I for one will not go because I can't stand waiting in line with only 3 or 4 cashiers trying to handle thousands of people.

Top Bottom