• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    You think you would have learned the first time. Next time buy a quality gun, you get what you pay for.

Indeed, I'll be sure to contact you prior to any further purchase. I'm sure I'd be happier with a "quality gun" like a high point. There are sooo many choices out there for a quality carry .380.

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    +1, Expecting Korth like finish with inexpensive guns is sort of counterproductive.

BUT!! The issue isn't the expectations of finish quality, it is the expectation of quality service that has been damaged here. If a gun I purchased had a flaw cosmetically, I would not be angry about it, but I would expect better service from the people I purchased it from or who manufactured it. I have been in a Bass Pro shop once and I would never again. I bought some ammo and they were horrendously rude. If Bass Pro is the only gunshop in your area, I suggest saving some loot for gas and going to a decent shop.

BINGO! A Winner, you got my point. The expectation of good customer service for your $$, not a run around. I just got the gun back, new slide and all. Finally looks the way it should. Also picked up a couple boxes of Hornady Extreme Defense in 9mm and a box of Bass Pro Winchester SXZ JHP. :patriot:

mAk0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    When I bought myXD new from Bradis I found a spot on it too....but, as someone else stated, it's my everday carry piece, not a show and tell prize piece.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Both my LCP and SR9 were flaw-free, and the SR9 was used, although it looked like it did not have more than the test round through it. Excellent fit/finish on both. I doubt they will stay that way. I'm pretty rough on things.

I agree, though, you should have gotten the right service the first time. Most stories I hear about Ruger service are very positive, though.

I hope you get it back and it is what you wanted it to be when you bought it. It is a pretty neat little gun, once you get to start playing with it. I've run several different brands of ammo through mine and it has had no issues. It is my 1st choice for concealed carry. (The SR9 is not so easy to hide.)

gunrunner1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Anderson
    I can see why he would be upset with Ruger. I know with my Charger that the spray on finish they use on them starts flaking off on the inside of the receiver after the first trip to the range. Their finishes could be better but they do make good guns.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Ruger still has my my LCP that would not fire with a full magazine. They recieved it Feb 25th I bought it on Feb 24th. They say they are putting a new slide on it as the firing pin hole was drilled in the wrong place. When I asked how somwthing like this could get out of their factory with such a defect I got no answer but "we are sorry". There are others out there with the same problem so it is not an isolated incident.

I will say I will NEVER buy another Ruger semi auto handgun again. I actually am not sure if I will ever buy another Ruger firearm again. I believe I will stick with the Croatian and Austrian made imports, never had any problem from those.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I have a few Ruger revolvers and have always been very happy with them, but maybe the quality is starting to get worse. I will probably do a double check when look at them again but they still do make good guns. Just my opinion do not give up on them yet.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Sorry to hear about Rugers quality/customer service issues. All I can say is I've owned and traded Rugers for 33 years,I never let one go because it's junk. Read same concerns on Ruger forum.10-22,22/45,andP-95 are the only Ruger auto's I own. Close friend (got my Bisley from him) has SR9 and is pleased with it.Let's hope they get threr act together.

Top Bottom