• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    I am placing an order myself. I asked for a quote yesterday and found the pricing very attractive.

2K 124gr. HP 9mm $123.40 + 12 for usps shipping. That is almost $43 cheaper than Berry's direct.
    He told me he is placing an order tomorrow.
    Are these bullets ready to fire or require loading? I do not load and never have but certainly like the prices I am seeing here.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    RUNNING TOTAL
    GhostOfWinter 4-5K varies calibers
    Lowendgenerator 2K 9mm

Total bullets: 6K

So is there any more interest in this?
    In order for a group buy to occur we would need at least 13K in bullets to be able to use the $100 drop shippment of a pallet. Otherwise it's not worth it in terms of shipping.

See numbers below:

Per KShipping Cost1821632443254064875686497210801188129613104

So if we had 3 people order say 1K, 7K and 7K then the shipping would be as follows:

1K bullets = 6.67 in shipping or $1.33 in savings
    7K bullets = 46.67 in shipping or 9.33 in savings

formula =
    ($100/total bullets of group buy order) x # bullets you order

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    Has anybody bought anything from him yet? I have been thinking about placing an order of 1000 9mm but wondering what the turnaround time for this is. I was quoted at $12 for a medium flat rate box for this.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Update got my order today. There was a slight delay (2 weeks) due to the election and Berry's getting swamped and back ordered all orders.

In any case the they are indeed brand new Berry Plated Bullets and I have talked to the owner several times on the phone and via email so he is on the up & up.

So NWI ya want to do a group buy for this?
    If we order 100,000 or more bullets he will delivery for free to us (one location).

The small sample I ordered was about $16 for 2K in bullets via USPS flat rate box. He has mentioned that he can drop ship a pallet for around $100 so we can divide up the cost that route I would say if we get at least 12 people @ 1K each. I doubt we get 100,000 bullet up in this area.

He has charged me $12 shipping(750 bullets) and never mentioned flat rate.
    He also plans to sell powder and primers See his ad at Armslist.

Has anybody bought anything from him yet? I have been thinking about placing an order of 1000 9mm but wondering what the turnaround time for this is. I was quoted at $12 for a medium flat rate box for this.

Looks like both jedi and mdemetz placed and successfully received orders. mdemetz got the same shipping quote.

My question to the OP (jedi): where would the pallet drop-off/pick-up location be?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    So is there any more interest in this?

Where would they be shipped in NWI? Depending on location I may be interested in some.

Also, is this guy from VA or KY? The armslist ad says Radcliff, KY which is down just outside of Louisville and it might be just a cheap for someone to go down and pick up as to ship.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Ordered some at the end of Nov that were supposed to ship before the end of Dec. Last contact says 2nd week of Jan now.
    Current USPS flat rate boxes are S-$5.20,M-$10.95,L-$14.95

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I ordered 1K of .30 carbine and 1K of .45 ACP and was charged $16 total for shipping. The turnaround time depends. This vendor is based out of VA and he does massive bulk order buys for the VA gun board that you could say is equivalent to INGO but for VA residents.

As such he does big group buy orders and I think ordered once a quarter so depending on when/where he is in the process it can take a bit before he gets the bullets. With the gun spending crazy and BOs re-election is got even worse and even he who buys directly from Berry's is having isssues as berry is running full steam and still can't keep up with orders.

Looks like both jedi and mdemetz placed and successfully received orders. mdemetz got the same shipping quote.

My question to the OP (jedi): where would the pallet drop-off/pick-up location be?

90% certain that it would be at
    1101 W US Highway 30, Schererville IN 46375

INGO member (melensdad) said we could have the pallet drop shipped there.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana

He only orders at the end of every month, so you can do the math on delays. Obviously if you order at the beginning of the month you will wait 4 weeks before he even orders from Berry's.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    RUNNING TOTAL
    GhostOfWinter 10K varies calibers
    Lowendgenerator 2K 9mm
    Jedi: 1 to 3K .30 carbine/.45 ACP

Total bullets: 13K-15K

@lowend
    You still want 2K?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I might be in for some 9mm. Probably at least 1k maybe up to 5k depending on when it goes. Just don't have a recipe for 9mm so don't know why size to grab...yet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ghost you are the "big boy" in this order what time frame are you looking for?
    I've got .30 carbine right now but more woudl make me happy. =)

Top Bottom