• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    Living in Fort Wayne would make it a long trip, but my in laws have a cottage on Rocky Fork that we hit up a few times a year and I would definitely stop in for a few hours while we were down there. Not sure I could get the wife to camp in a cabin though...

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    There are hunters who think they're entitled to hunt. They complain private property owners won't let them hunt or charge lease fees. They think public hunting lands are a public good and a right. Same with public shooting ranges. I posted a thread recently regarding public ranges and I was in the minority in believing that the government should not be providing public ranges. I think you'll find that many shooters aren't going to want to pay yearly membership fees or hourly fees when they can get the government to make everyone pay for it.

Got you. That makes complete sense. The idea won't be attractive to everyone for sure.

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Well, just to be clear it is the OP's project, I have only offered to volunteer. I am getting worked up about it so if he doesn't go forward I might pick it up and run with it!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but it would be a good idea to have at least one shooting bay that is paved with a paved path and some parking to it. That will help accommodate shooters with mobility limitations. A side benefit is that when you shoot in that bay, brass recovery is as easy as pushing a broom.

Top Bottom