• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Who cares? It might not be NEW "news" to you ...

.... but IS to some anothers. It costs you nothing to ignore a Noob error, and makes your ego begin to swell your head, making your head an easier target. Ah'm jus sayin'
    Pretty sure that was covered earlier in the thread.

Welcome to INGO :welcome:

I'm looking at your avatar. Weren't you on Doomsday Preppers?

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    I picked up a couple Otterbox 'crush-proof', water proof boxes online for like $7 each, just got them the other day. Pretty impressed with them so far. Dry bags are great bug I wanted something with a little more strength.

I tried different combinations of filler, pretty impressive with what they will hold. I put one in each of our cars gloveboxes containing, 80 waterproof matches, 3 wetlite starter blocks, i set water purifying tablets, 50 rounds of ammo, a 3" folding knife, small LED weatherproof flash light and 9 extra batteries and still had room to spare. They were worth the money for sure.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I picked up a couple Otterbox 'crush-proof', water proof boxes online for like $7 each, just got them the other day. Pretty impressed with them so far. Dry bags are great bug I wanted something with a little more strength.

I tried different combinations of filler, pretty impressive with what they will hold. I put one in each of our cars gloveboxes containing, 80 waterproof matches, 3 wetlite starter blocks, i set water purifying tablets, 50 rounds of ammo, a 3" folding knife, small LED weatherproof flash light and 9 extra batteries and still had room to spare. They were worth the money for sure.
    Have a link?

csilouisville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    I have created a BOB for each of the 5 members of our family. Each BOB has a poncho with poncho liner and one of the emergency sleeping bags. In the military the poncho w/ poncho liner was easy to pack, light and provided the needed protection from the elements. cost was pretty low and they fit perfectly in the bottom compartment of the BOB. Its like the Bag was designed to be used for that purpose.

csilouisville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    In my BOB i have the following:

Walther P22, w/2 mags
    250rds of .22 ammo

Henry Survival Rifle, w/2 mags
    Savage Axis .223 Bolt action w/Bushnell 3-9x 40mm scope
    90rds of .223

The Henry Survival Rifle is a great addition to the Bag. Self contained and keeps the 16 rounds in the magazines protected from the elements. Great for small game.

I would up the amount of .223 to at least 210 rounds.

We have 5 BOBs that each have ammo for the .38 .380 .45 .223 .308 and 12 Gauge. Our bags are each 20-25 lbs so portable enough for my youngest (12 year old) to carry what she needs. Each of the 5 of us carry more ammo for our primary weapons. Yes I know that it would be better to limit the calibers of the weapons so we could carry less versions of ammo. It was tough for my daughters to fire the .45s when they were smaller. The .357s firing .38s were easier and the kids were more accurate with them.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Question re: knives in a vehicle.

Is there any limit on a folder carried, stowed, in a vehicle? Or a game bone-cutter, cleaver, Bowie-knife, butcher-saw, etc? Even a machette, which may have a belt-attachment for carry. Am I illegal when walking on the ground with such a "blade?"
    I picked up a couple Otterbox 'crush-proof', water proof boxes online for like $7 each. <snip> I put one in each of our cars gloveboxes containing, <snip>50 rounds of ammo, a 3" folding knife, still had room to spare. They were worth the money for sure.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Is there any limit on a folder carried, stowed, in a vehicle? Or a game bone-cutter, cleaver, Bowie-knife, butcher-saw, etc? Even a machette, which may have a belt-attachment for carry. Am I illegal when walking on the ground with such a "blade?"

Not in Indiana, except in a school. It's only illegal there if it's a "weapon". Auto knives are going to be legal soon IIR.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Not in Indiana, except in a school. It's only illegal there if it's a "weapon". Auto knives are going to be legal soon IIR.
    I would like to know how they determine intent to use it as a weapon.

IC 35-47-5-2.5
    Possession of a knife on school property
    Sec. 2.5. (a) As used in this section, "knife" means an instrument that:
    (1) consists of a sharp edged or sharp pointed blade capable of inflicting cutting, stabbing, or tearing wounds; and
    (2) is intended to be used as a weapon.
    (b) The term includes a dagger, dirk, poniard, stiletto, switchblade knife, or gravity knife.
    (c) A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally possesses a knife on:
    (1) school property (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-285);
    (2) a school bus (as defined in IC 20-27-2-8); or
    (3) a special purpose bus (as defined in IC 20-27-2-10);
    commits a Class B misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the person has a previous unrelated conviction under this section and a Class D felony if the offense results in bodily injury or serious bodily injury to another person.
    (d) This section does not apply to a person who possesses a knife:
    (1) if:
    (A) the knife is provided to the person by the school corporation or possession of the knife is authorized by the school corporation; and
    (B) the person uses the knife for a purpose authorized by the school corporation; or
    (2) if the knife is secured in a motor vehicle.
    As added by P.L.72-2006, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.114-2012,

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would like to know how they determine intent to use it as a weapon.

IC 35-47-5-2.5
    Possession of a knife on school property
    Sec. 2.5. (a) As used in this section, "knife" means an instrument that:
    (1) consists of a sharp edged or sharp pointed blade capable of inflicting cutting, stabbing, or tearing wounds; and
    (2) is intended to be used as a weapon.
    (b) The term includes a dagger, dirk, poniard, stiletto, switchblade knife, or gravity knife.
    (c) A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally possesses a knife on:
    (1) school property (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-285);
    (2) a school bus (as defined in IC 20-27-2-8); or
    (3) a special purpose bus (as defined in IC 20-27-2-10);
    commits a Class B misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the person has a previous unrelated conviction under this section and a Class D felony if the offense results in bodily injury or serious bodily injury to another person.
    (d) This section does not apply to a person who possesses a knife:
    (1) if:
    (A) the knife is provided to the person by the school corporation or possession of the knife is authorized by the school corporation; and
    (B) the person uses the knife for a purpose authorized by the school corporation; or
    (2) if the knife is secured in a motor vehicle.
    As added by P.L.72-2006, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.114-2012,

Intentionally nebulous.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg

You'll have to check city ordnances. Brownsburg has one in place stating that you can't carry a knife over 3 inches in length unless you are hunting/camping or coming from/going to camping/hunting trip.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I have been wanting to get bags like these started but am on a very low budget. Aside for the normal surplus stores is there a good way to get ahold of durable bags very cheap?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have been wanting to get bags like these started but am on a very low budget. Aside for the normal surplus stores is there a good way to get ahold of durable bags very cheap?

Ebay & armygear.net. The local surplus store in my town never really seems to have any good deals.

Top Bottom