• would you say im ......

• Total voters

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You CCers that just go and not worry about it sicken me.

That's some awfully strong emotion. Are you sure this isn't just a tad bit over the top?

No better than a "No Blacks" sign.

Really? Are you sure about that?

There is a fight to be fought, and you don't care care. Our day is now, yours will come. What are you going to do when they put in metal detectors, or body scanners?

Alright, if you're such a strong soldier in this fight, please give me a list (or Android app?) of all approved businesses in Fort Wayne. If all business sectors are served by gun-friendly businesses, I'll gladly utilize the list as "religiously" as possible. Otherwise, I don't have time to research the policies of even a fraction of the 26,603 businesses in my city let alone the other locales I visit. Your orthodoxy might be perfectly fine for those who still go down to the corner cow for your milk...but us city-folk simply cannot let no-guns signs run our lives. TBH, we have a no-guns mayor & a no-guns police chief...should I boycott the entire city?

You people that aren't worried about this are in the same pool as the RINOs. You are GOINOs. You don't care that a corporation doesn't give a **** about your rights. You laugh it off. Well what about when it gets to the point where you can't anymore? What then? It is disgusting. You are of no benefit to armed society.

"What then", you ask? Well, then we'll be boycotting those businesses whether we'd like to or not, eh? A few gun "nuts" like yourself who write over-the-top letters to corporations & dump your rants onto minimum wage grunts aren't going to make much of a difference...and your rants won't convince regular gun carriers to begin an Amish-like lifestyle in which they boycott 1/2 the businesses in their areas (I mean, what if AEP's facilities are no-gun?).

Instead of yelling at gun-supporters about not being true Scotsmen, I've taken a much more tactful approach within my circles. Most of the guys at church know that I carry. They also know why I wasn't at the church picnic @ Salamonie. My friends & family knew why I never went to watch stuff at the Fort Wayne parks prior to last July. They also know why I don't go to school events. I've raised awareness about the LEGAL prohibitions which effect gun owners. I'd estimate that at least a few hundred people have become aware of our draconian gun laws thanks to my stance. Foaming all over the Wal-Mart greeter isn't going to accomplish nearly as much. :twocents:

Last edited:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    That's some awfully strong emotion. Are you sure this isn't just a tad bit over the top?

Really? Are you sure about that?

Alright, if you're such a strong soldier in this fight, please give me a list (or Android app?) of all approved businesses in Fort Wayne. If all business sectors are served by gun-friendly businesses, I'll gladly utilize the list as "religiously" as possible. Otherwise, I don't have time to research the policies of even a fraction of the 26,603 businesses in my city let alone the other locales I visit. Your orthodoxy might be perfectly fine for those who still go down to the corner cow for your milk...but us city-folk simply cannot let no-guns signs run our lives. TBH, we have a no-guns mayor & a no-guns police chief...should I boycott the entire city?

"What then", you ask? Well, then we'll be boycotting those businesses whether we'd like to or not, eh? A few gun "nuts" like yourself who write over-the-top letters to corporations & dump your rants onto minimum wage grunts aren't going to make much of a difference...and your rants won't convince regular gun carriers to begin an Amish-like lifestyle in which they boycott 1/2 the businesses in their areas (I mean, what if AEP's facilities are no-gun?).

Instead of yelling at gun-supporters about not being true Scotsmen, I've taken a much more tactful approach within my circles. Most of the guys at church know that I carry. They also know why I wasn't at the church picnic @ Salamonie. My friends & family knew why I never went to watch stuff at the Fort Wayne parks prior to last July. They also know why I don't go to school events. I've raised awareness about the LEGAL prohibitions which effect gun owners. I'd estimate that at least a few hundred people have become aware of our draconian gun laws thanks to my stance. Foaming all over the Wal-Mart greeter isn't going to accomplish nearly as much. :twocents:

I also said

CPT Nervous said:
    Don't go anywhere your sidearm is not welcome. Do not give these people your money. If you were Jewish, and the sign said , "No Jews Allowed," would you conceal the fact that you are Jewish, or be so deeply offended by their policy, that you talk to a manager, and leave, and never return?

I consider my firearm as an extension of myself. If it is not welcome, then neither am I. I do not, will not, conceal, but it would be against every moral I hold dear to do so so that I can enter an anti gun establishment.

Wanna take that on? My "rants" are let offs. They happen here in the company of like minded individuals. The letters and calls I make are very professional, and would likely deteriorate into childish name calling if I did not have an outlet. I sent several emails and made phone calls to Cinemark last year urging them to revise their policy. They told me, "We haven't had any mass shootings at any of our theaters, they are perfectly safe." Well, we see how that worked out...

I live my life by a rigid set of values. I base these values on firm beliefs, beliefs that I hold dear. Such as, but not limited to, my right to carry a handgun. I work for my money. I earn it. I do not give that money to people who oppose my beliefs. I spend more on shipping packages because I will not use USPS. I ship FedEx. I do not go to movies. I do not go to the mall. I do not go to BW3. I do not go to Pizza Hut (Similar reason, but not quite the same.)

I live in a city as well. I am not in a rural area. I shop at Wal Mart. I eat at restaurants. I live my life.

Not sure what it is that you take issue with. Yes, I have some strong emotion. It's called passion. You support the same side as me, to an extent. Just with different expressions of the same beliefs.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure what it is that you take issue with. Yes, I have some strong emotion. It's called passion. You support the same side as me, to an extent. Just with different expressions of the same beliefs.

I mostly make my stands with the real, current laws which prevent me from carrying either OC or CC at several community resources. These are resources which I'm already paying for against my will. I simply don't have the time or energy to devote to figuring out whether the restaurant my friends invited me to is firearm-friendly. It's enough of a burden to both my time & my psyche that I must spend time trying to find out whether a particular church I've been invited to has a licensed daycare or K-12 school...let alone looking up the gas station I'm about to stop at. I may choose to fight the small fights once the larger ones have been won, but until then, short of a convenient Android app, I won't be going out of my way to ascertain the stance of every business I visit.

Top Bottom