• would you say im ......

• Total voters

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Don't go anywhere your sidearm is not welcome. Do not give these people your money. If you were Jewish, and the sign said , "No Jews Allowed," would you conceal the fact that you are Jewish, or be so deeply offended by their policy, that you talk to a manager, and leave, and never return?

I consider my firearm as an extension of myself. If it is not welcome, then neither am I. I do not, will not, conceal, but it would be against every moral I hold dear to do so so that I can enter an anti gun establishment.

+1

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    That's not what the Tennessee code you posted says, technically. It says it must be posted in a prominent LOCATION. The front door most certainly is.

Oh for Christ's sake, I wasn't attempting to be technical when I highlighted the word. I was seizing upon the descriptor. Give it a rest already. Sheesh.

Now take your fussy attitude and share a beer with your brother, Hornady.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Oh for Christ's sake, I wasn't attempting to be technical when I highlighted the word. I was seizing upon the descriptor. Give it a rest already. Sheesh.

Now take your fussy attitude and share a beer with your brother, Hornady.

See, here's the thing... when you're posting the law and trying to say that something is (or is not) legal, those tricky little technicalities sometimes matter.

Jesus-You-Mad.png

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    See, here's the thing... when you're posting the law and trying to say that something is (or is not) legal, those tricky little technicalities sometimes matter.

Whatever Dude....or whatever you are.

Go take care of the butthurt that your woman put on you.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Actually, in TN there are a couple of interesting twists. First, signs that confirm to state law ARE enforceable. Carrying in a posted location is against the law. Second, you can't carry in a bar. Third, you CAN carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol (like BW3), but you cannot drink.

This is not correct. You CAN carry in a bar in TN, but you may not consume alcohol. This law was changed in 2010.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With the family in Pigeon Forge TN and decided to stop in B-dub's for some lunch. Entrance door had a small decal (at very bottom) that said all guns banned. Guess its a good thing I'm cc'ing. :laugh: :laugh:

My God! Why would you willingly go to that abomination of a tourist trap in the 1st place!? Lol :laugh: I rode through there a few years ago on my way to the "Dragon" and swore never to return.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    With the family in Pigeon Forge TN and decided to stop in B-dub's for some lunch. Entrance door had a small decal (at very bottom) that said all guns banned. Guess its a good thing I'm cc'ing. :laugh: :laugh:

I didn't even read the thread but you just done broke the law. I really really wish everyone who carried a gun would read all about the gun laws in their home state and states they visit.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I didn't even read the thread but you just done broke the law. I really really wish everyone who carried a gun would read all about the gun laws in their home state and states they visit.

After reading the OP's description, and the law as written in TN.....I don't believe he did.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Must be a TN thing? I've OC'ed into Bdubs in Schererville to get a take out order on a few occasions and did not see a sign nor recieve any questions or odd looks, and their take out counter isn't high enough to conceal my EDC so it had to have been seen.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Why do so many people believe it is okay to do this? Eventually, every business will have these signs, and we will have no options. You CCers that just go and not worry about it sicken me.

It is discriminatory and wrong. No better than a "No Blacks" sign. You cannot patronize a company that wishes you defenseless, and to strip your rights away.

Why is this okay with you people? There is a fight to be fought, and you don't care care. Our day is now, yours will come. What are you going to do when they put in metal detectors, or body scanners? I can't even think straight, this pisses me off.

You people that aren't worried about this are in the same pool as the RINOs. You are GOINOs. You don't care that a corporation doesn't give a **** about your rights. You laugh it off. Well what about when it gets to the point where you can't anymore? What then? It is disgusting. You are of no benefit to armed society.
    :wow:

Suffering from constipation?

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    I dont believe I broke anythe laws. Everyone who believes I broke the law please read all my posts and let me know how you believe I broke any laws. Thanks.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I dont believe I broke anythe laws. Everyone who believes I broke the law please read all my posts and let me know how you believe I broke any laws. Thanks.

While none of us are TN LEO's (that I know of) I believe that some feel you broke the law because it was stated that unlike Indiana in TN the no firearms signs carry the weight of the law therefore if you do not obey them you would be in violation of the law in TN. Just remember/know what the laws are in the state your in.

Whatever state it's in it basically boils down to it's the buisness owners property so it's their decision to post whatever sign they want. If you don't like it griping at them might make you feel warm inside but the buisness will not change anything they don't care. If you want to go elsewhere thats your choice but suggesting a "boycot" will not normally bring them to their knees.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    While none of us are TN LEO's (that I know of) I believe that some feel you broke the law because it was stated that unlike Indiana in TN the no firearms signs carry the weight of the law therefore if you do not obey them you would be in violation of the law in TN. Just remember/know what the laws are in the state your in.

Whatever state it's in it basically boils down to it's the buisness owners property so it's their decision to post whatever sign they want. If you don't like it griping at them might make you feel warm inside but the buisness will not change anything they don't care. If you want to go elsewhere thats your choice but suggesting a "boycot" will not normally bring them to their knees.
    There was a thread on here a few years ago where someone got a business to remove their no guns sign, for the lofe of me I can't remember what city or even which business it was, but it does happen.

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I think if you saw the sign and carried anyway, you broke the law. If you did not see the sign because the writing was not "plain" in the sense that it was not easily legible due to size of lettering you may have a defense.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There was a thread on here a few years ago where someone got a business to remove their no guns sign, for the lofe of me I can't remember what city or even which business it was, but it does happen.

There are always going to be a very few exceptions however, when you talk about a bigger national chain the local owner pretty much has their hands tied on certain things the "corporate office" wants and has little wiggle room. Thats where you would have little effect with a complaint!

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Why do so many people believe it is okay to do this? Eventually, every business will have these signs, and we will have no options. You CCers that just go and not worry about it sicken me.

It is discriminatory and wrong. No better than a "No Blacks" sign. You cannot patronize a company that wishes you defenseless, and to strip your rights away.

Why is this okay with you people? There is a fight to be fought, and you don't care care. Our day is now, yours will come. What are you going to do when they put in metal detectors, or body scanners? I can't even think straight, this pisses me off.

You people that aren't worried about this are in the same pool as the RINOs. You are GOINOs. You don't care that a corporation doesn't give a **** about your rights. You laugh it off. Well what about when it gets to the point where you can't anymore? What then? It is disgusting. You are of no benefit to armed society.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Poster child for the 7 day waiting period

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I think if you saw the sign and carried anyway, you broke the law. If you did not see the sign because the writing was not "plain" in the sense that it was not easily legible due to size of lettering you may have a defense.

He might have violated the spirit and intent of the law, but one has to meet each and every element of the law to be in violation....to include the element of notification.

Top Bottom