• ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Check out the prices a Buds Police Supply. Same company, just a different web site. If you are LEO or Military (Active, Reserve, Guard or Retired) you may purchase from them. Prices are lower than than Buds gun shop site but it is out of the same building.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'm glad to hear that Buds has such a great reputation. I go "window shopping" on their site at least a couple times a week--I haven't found a better one for looking at and comparing guns, and their prices seem unreal at times. Maybe I'll have to send a purchase or two their way!

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I ordered my Warthog from them. It's a shame you can't buy if youre from another state or I would have picked it up on the way to seeing my fiance.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Both my father and I have ordered from them. No guns, just gun safes. They had the best prices hands down and the best shipping I have ever seen. We are loyal customers.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    I'm not so sure Buds has great pricing by looking and registering on their web site! Unless you have a secret hand shake of magical password, their prices are a bit high. I'm not sure about their customer service, since I have not purchased anything from them. Even Pops had a decent price on Glock mags. on Monday! The place in Kokomo on 31 this week had good prices on Glock's that beat Buds. I would look at Blythe's in Valparaiso or Griffith. IMO their prices are much better on Glock, FN, S&W, Sig and Ruger to name a few and a large selection of new and used. Very consistent, nice, knowledgeable employee's at both stores. Great customer service and a nice range at the Griffith location. Not saying anything bad about Buds!!! I guess you buy from dealers you feel comfortable with and get that valued added stuff, right?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Wow...everyone has just good things to say about Bud's. I'm confused! I sent them an e-mail over 2 weeks ago wanting to place an order and still no response. I also tried calling them for 3 days and just kept getting a message that the voice mailbox was full. I gave up and went to GUNBROKER. Got a way better deal anyways...

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Buds to the rescue again. I Just ordered a Taurus TCP from buds, I called every gun store with in 40 miles, and none of them but one had the gun in stock, and they had it priced 60 dollars higher than buds $349 vs $289.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    Not to get of topic but Bud's is the reason why brick and mortar stores like Pops are doomed.
    You can't charge the prices they do with no value add with guys like these a computer click away. We are watching a real shift in the way people buy different products and firearms are just one of the many that are becoming commodity based products with the edge going to the guy that has the cheapest price while still providing decent service.

Pops............do you smell the tarpit you are sinking into.

rjhans53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    minute man I found their corrispondence really needs improvement. But after we got that they sent what I had ordered, sent it in the time frame stated, and I was pleased with the purchase, and yes I would do business with them again

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Not to get of topic but Bud's is the reason why brick and mortar stores like Pops are doomed.
    You can't charge the prices they do with no value add with guys like these a computer click away. We are watching a real shift in the way people buy different products and firearms are just one of the many that are becoming commodity based products with the edge going to the guy that has the cheapest price while still providing decent service.

Pops............do you smell the tarpit you are sinking into.

I know what you're saying, but the Pops store can't possibly stock every model of every gun produced to the extent that Buds can. They have a brick and mortar store in Lexington Kentucky that employees over 30 people between their internet & store sales. Pops store doesn't employ that many people.

I don't see the mom & pops stores ever going away. I was at 21st century last week and would have bought exactly what I wanted if they would have had it. The local stores, like all businesses are just going to have to work harder in the future to keep a broader inventory and do FFL fees.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I know what you're saying, but the Pops store can't possibly stock every model of every gun produced to the extent that Buds can. They have a brick and mortar store in Lexington Kentucky that employees over 30 people between their internet & store sales. Pops store doesn't employ that many people.

I don't see the mom & pops stores ever going away. I was at 21st century last week and would have bought exactly what I wanted if they would have had it. The local stores, like all businesses are just going to have to work harder in the future to keep a broader inventory and do FFL fees.

Good point. Internet sales have changed the landscape in just about every industry. I think there will always be a place for good local gun shops and I don't see them getting run out of business by good on-line stores (like Bud's). Bradis, Plainfield SS and 21st Century are a few local stores that offer competitive pricing to Bud's. If I had a local shop near me (like those) I'd buy more from them than on-line. Unfortunately, I don't have one within a 30 minute drive so I order on-line a lot and have them ship to an FFL just down the road from my house.

Bud's sure seems to have a successful business model. They sell a ton of guns and their service has been great for me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'll be the first to admit they aren't perfect. I've tried to get ahold of them too and it's darn near impossible to talk to them on the phone. You do give up some amount of service for a lower price, but if you don't need hand holding and you know what you want because you already did your homework, then there isn't a difference between the Rem 870 (or whatever) you buy from them or anywhere else other than price.

I have what I call a financial pain tolerance. If a local shop is with $50 of what I can get it for online (including shipping, ffl, & everything) then I buy local if I can. If it's mags, reloading supplies & ammo, I definately try to stay local if I can.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was just at their store tonight. I walked in at 5:57pm and they close at 6. I was looking for something specific and they did not have it. But the guy stood and batted the breeze with me on my choice and why I wanted it.

I left around 6:45 and no one complained. The guy just told me that they were closing the registers and to stay as long as I liked.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom