• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    General question really. I don't want to carry too many knives. I like the Esee-3 for its fixed blade and damn near indestructible construction, but the Buck 110 has a nice leather sheath and a tad easier for EDC. The Esee-3 has to go weak side draw for holster reasons, but so would the buck 110. (Leatherman wave and holster on strong side)

I live in a more rural area, but work inner Indy. So i can easily argue for and against both.

I'm also not sure if a folder on y strong side would be overkill.. And i have tons of options there. Kershaw cryo, Buck Bantam, SAK, etc...

So what say you INGO, ?Buck 110 or the Esee-3, Both are drop dead tough and proven performers...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One will take one hand to "get into action"... The other will take two.

I greatly prefer a knife that only takes one hand to get into and out of action.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    General question really. I don't want to carry too many knives. I like the Esee-3 for its fixed blade and damn near indestructible construction, but the Buck 110 has a nice leather sheath and a tad easier for EDC. The Esee-3 has to go weak side draw for holster reasons, but so would the buck 110. (Leatherman wave and holster on strong side)

I live in a more rural area, but work inner Indy. So i can easily argue for and against both.

I'm also not sure if a folder on y strong side would be overkill.. And i have tons of options there. Kershaw cryo, Buck Bantam, SAK, etc...

So what say you INGO, ?Buck 110 or the Esee-3, Both are drop dead tough and proven performers...

Either will serve you well!

Consider wearing the ESEE 3 on a ballchain or cord around your neck.

Actually, you could do the same with a Buck 110 with the right kydex.

If you go with the ESEE 3, get it from Knife Lady. If you want the Buck, call Brad!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Either will serve you well!

Consider wearing the ESEE 3 on a ballchain or cord around your neck.

Actually, you could do the same with a Buck 110 with the right kydex.

I don't really do necklaces so anythgin around my neck feels 110% foriegn. Id rather stick it on the belt and be done with it. If anyone thinks I'm getting close to a bat-belt, no one has said so to my face....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't really do necklaces so anythgin around my neck feels 110% foriegn. Id rather stick it on the belt and be done with it. If anyone thinks I'm getting close to a bat-belt, no one has said so to my face....

That's cool. I was the same way until I tried it for a while.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    BUCK 110=Sissy. Seriously, the ESEE is the only way to go. As Mister Becker once put it, " A folding knife is an already broken fixed blade."

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    BUCK 110=Sissy. Seriously, the ESEE is the only way to go. As Mister Becker once put it, " A folding knife is an already broken fixed blade."

I've heard this before, but I couldn't put a finger on the "Who said it", Wither way I agree, with the Broken Fixed blade, but a Buck 110 is a great folder...

I carry an ESEE 3 IWB daily, love it!

How do you IWB it? Stock Sheath? WEak or strong side draw?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've heard this before, but I couldn't put a finger on the "Who said it", Wither way I agree, with the Broken Fixed blade, but a Buck 110 is a great folder...

How do you IWB it? Stock Sheath? WEak or strong side draw?

It came with a kydex iwb and owb sheath, iwb uses a single metal clip. I carry it strong side, it's not bad at all.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    It came with a kydex iwb and owb sheath, iwb uses a single metal clip. I carry it strong side, it's not bad at all.

If you carry it strong side, what aobut firearm holsters (if your is over there). any issue with "everything being on strong side"? If i moved the esee-3 to the strong side id have to swap it for my leatherman wave, and try out moving my holster... ive carried in the same spot since the beginning...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I don't know how he does it, but Mercop's Tactical Tether will work with any kydex or similar sheath. It's a very simple, very practical tool for just $5.

oh very nice, a simple tuck and draw to unsheath and use.. although im finding that im using the esee on a daily basis now for newarly all cutting, its just too darn good to not use! id love to have it strong side, but my right so is already jammed it feels like, so i have it just clipped to weak side drwa for now, but im still feeling it out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    oh very nice, a simple tuck and draw to unsheath and use.. although im finding that im using the esee on a daily basis now for newarly all cutting, its just too darn good to not use! id love to have it strong side, but my right so is already jammed it feels like, so i have it just clipped to weak side drwa for now, but im still feeling it out.

Well, then! It's settled. ESEE 3 tucked into your waistband wherever you want it, connected to your belt with a Tactical Tether. It's also super easy to safely resheath with the tether. And, as we all know, knife safety is my number one concern. Well, lately anyway.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I carried a Buck 110 back in the late '70's. Beat the hell out of that knife; cutting steel bands on pallets, prying, cutting all kinds of stuff, pounding nails into concrete block walls...

I think I'd go with the 3, though. I have a 4, and although I haven't used it much, it seems like a nice, stout blade.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I carried a Buck 110 back in the late '70's. Beat the hell out of that knife; cutting steel bands on pallets, prying, cutting all kinds of stuff, pounding nails into concrete block walls...

I think I'd go with the 3, though. I have a 4, and although I haven't used it much, it seems like a nice, stout blade.

Now THAT'S "end user"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There are reasons why the Buck 110 is a classic and continues to be one of the best values on the market for a cutting tool.

Someday ESEE knives will be in the same category!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    There are reasons why the Buck 110 is a classic and continues to be one of the best values on the market for a cutting tool.

Someday ESEE knives will be in the same category!

Actually buck 110 and buck 119, i can easily see the 119 being over-thrown by the Esee-x. basically if you want a stainless top line field knife take a buck 119, if you want a more durable beat the hell out of it field knive take an Esee-x ... at least thats how im seeing the race.

Top Bottom