• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    FYI Everyone who mentioned a Charity:

I don't pretend to speak for HD, but this charity organization was a big help to them a few months ago. Little Angel Gowns

He also mentioned to me that he was shocked to learn that there was a glaring lack of grief counseling on the south side of Indianapolis; especially a lack of one who can help young children deal with the loss of a sibling. May also want to consider a donation to a non-profit provider of that sort in your area.

Feel free to PM me to get HD's daughter's full name if you'd like to make a donation "in memory of".

Getting very very dusty in here. I need to fire the cleaning staff.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hope to never know the pain of which you guys speak :(

Sorry CM, I'll get back to cleaning, it's getting me too

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Maybe we can tell Doc we found his wallet in the break room.
    He will have to come back to get it and then we throw a surprise party! :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Damn it JJ.........I had no idea.
    My son passed on my "B" day in 02 from the big "C"
    I was holding his hand.
    He was a grown man but it literately smashed my soul. This was the 1st year I have had a "B" as that date is set aside for him. We will now share it.
    Until (God forbid) you experience this there is no way it can be fully understood.
    The pain never really goes away.
    My most sincere condolences to you sir.

CM, I too am so very sorry to hear of your loss. There are no words, but brother know I am here. As you know it's not something you get over, you just move on and live a different way. It definitely changes you. I sure don't sweat the small stuff any more, and so enjoy my one son who is 21 now, a senior at Rose, and the finest man I know. When I grow up, I want to be like him.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After my sister was killed in a car wreck (17 yo), Dad sat down in a chair and completely gave up on life. He really died that day, it just took 6 years for him to be buried.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Doc has his deep and heartfelt belief in seeing His girl again. As do most of us that have lost parent, child, brother, sister, friend, spouse.
    no matter how many belittle and denigrate, they are most definately wrong.

who's for a shooting range in Heaven? We need an INGO range day there (schedule subject to change :):)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To all who have experienced loss................My prayers and positive thoughts that you may carry this burden in a good way.

My emotions did get the better of me over all of this yesterday. For that I apologize.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    To all who have experienced loss................My prayers and positive thoughts that you may carry this burden in a good way.

My emotions did get the better of me over all of this yesterday. For that I apologize.
    perfectly understandable

I lost my mother last fall. My wife still says " this is the first Christmas without Mom" and again at New Years, Easter, Memorial Day etc.
    91 years old, made a lot of impressions. I'll see her again

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    I lost my mother last fall. My wife still says " this is the first Christmas without Mom" and again at New Years, Easter, Memorial Day etc.
    91 years old, made a lot of impressions. I'll see her again

Hear ya. Thursday makes it 1 year for my Mom. The big "C" is a biatch that finally took her.

All of the "anniversaries" (first Christmas, first Mothers Day etc) have been gut wrenching. Being there when she passed was a blessing.... but has been a movie I just can't get out of my mind. It's been a true test of my faith - one I need to work on constantly. :yesway:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I can only afford $25... sorry I gave too much to the last one, not expecting another to come up so soon.
    I will put it on not coming back... I respect his wishes, and would prefer the money to go somewhere.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ick....... just saw this when rereading the superglue thread.

Come on back whenever/if ever you are ready Doc.

Take Care,
    Dave

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Fargo gets the point of hoosierdocs thread. People like Kerry can afford to exercise their right to choose but people like Kerry and the administration are the ones that have a problem with other people having that same right sans being penalized for it. It's called hypocrisy. I get it too.

QFT! HoosierDoc, Fargo, and KG1 are right on target.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    WOW! I leave this place for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose (anyway). I was aware of HoosierDocs family tragedy. Also noticed HD getting edgier and angrier. I hope you find some peace my brother.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I like him....I went through a moment where I wasn't going to post anymore and was going to "never come back" as it were and GFGT, Gunaria, Mammymun, and others shamed me into coming back....Let's hope he returns from Elba....

Miss ya Hoosierdoc....

Wanting to take a break isn't terribly uncommon. If you need it, just take the time off and if/when you change your mind, it is no problem to come back. Some people are high visibility enough to be noticed when this happens, but for most of us, it hardly creates a ripple. I've done it twice now. My only regret is throwing out my INGO Tactical hat the first time. :crying:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Talked to hoosierdoc today. He seemed very happy, he usually is when I see him. He asked about INGO and asked if anything exciting was happening around here, I couldn't tell him because I'm not her as much as I used to be. I mentioned this thread (he still lurks and knew about it), he said that he didn't want anyone to give money. Obviously, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you did, but didn't tell me the charity to give it to. For him, leaving the forum was best for him and his family. He knew that from the get go and did what he needed to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Talked to hoosierdoc today. He seemed very happy, he usually is when I see him. He asked about INGO and asked if anything exciting was happening around here, I couldn't tell him because I'm not her as much as I used to be. I mentioned this thread (he still lurks and knew about it), he said that he didn't want anyone to give money. Obviously, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you did, but didn't tell me the charity to give it to. For him, leaving the forum was best for him and his family. He knew that from the get go and did what he needed to do.

Thank you.

As long as he knows he is missed.

Top Bottom