mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm not aware of any other sites that ban people as often as this one. Am I wrong?

I have been on forums where we banned people on a daily basis for not following the rules established by the admins. I even banned a moderator on one. Banned her and blocked her and the admin agreed with what I did. It was rather fun actually.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not aware of any other sites that ban people as often as this one. Am I wrong?

By volume as in member/post numbers by comparison we are lenient enough.
    If the rules are pushed, warnings are given out. If broken, infractions are given. Repeat offenders or those that just can not stop are Banned either Temp. or perma depending.

There is a far higher post rate here than any other forum I have been on. With that Moderation gets involved more often.

Follow the very simple rules and it's all good.

If you guys saw some of the PM's we get this would not even be an issue.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've banned myself from several sites including this one on a temporary basis. Never been close enough to another forum member on any site to care if they were banned or not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no issue with how this forum is moderated. It's pretty easy to Monday morning QB when you don't see all that goes on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It sounds to me like she just won't come back until Que's not a moderator, I don't think he was asking for anything. Moderators come and go, when Que goes then I guess she would come back.
    If you read the OP in context with the thread title "Bring back CIB" one might draw the conclusion that it in order for the expedited call for CIB to come back QUE would need to vacate his position. That's why the question was posed. Was it a porpoise with a purpose? IDK.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you read the OP in context with the thread title "Bring back CIB" one might draw the conclusion that it in order for the expedited call for CIB to come back QUE would need to vacate his position. That's why the question was posed. Was it a porpoise with a purpose? IDK.

You know the Porpoise is CIB's roomy right......:)

Yes, there is a purpose here.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You know the Porpoise is CIB's roomy right......:)

Yes, there is a purpose here.
    tumblr_inline_ncgek2wWQP1r0z2v3.gif

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I posted here.

So did I! :):

666453_c26ecacd.jpg

There will be no holding anyone hostage.

Tell her we all said Good-by.

There was no over reactions in these bannings. Rules were stated, they were pushed and then lines were crossed.

You really need to stop---:stickpoke:

This is as good and gracious a response as possible under the circumstances in true Churchmouse form!

Maybe the Mod who banned her was being petty? :dunno:

Based on what, other than conjecture?

While discussion of religious topics is now permitted, that does not change the fact that the other rules are still in place and two people got banned because they got into a really nasty argument, were clearly warned, and continued to have a really nasty argument which I just happened to have been in the right place at the right time to see before the thread got dropped down the black hole pending redaction of the offending posts. The net result is the 30 day absence (or longer perhaps) of two people I like, but they were way, way over the line regarding the rules pertaining to name-calling and insults. I will admit that I would have though a week to be adequate, but then again, I only caught a snipped of the incident and did not get to see the last page which I had not opened yet prior to its appointment with the black hole. It could have been a whole lot worse yet.

She'll be back. They ALWAYS come back. If she said that (noting it was told to us secondhand), then she's being petty, and probably needs to look up at the sky and be reminded the world doesn't revolve around her.

This takes in a lot of territory. Sometimes people who threw a petty fit sort of slink back in and I also have it on good authority that people who depart for a particular reason sometimes come back when there is a change in the circumstances they felt less than conducive to their participation. Some have never come back.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom