BREAKING: US and Allies hit ISIS targets in Syria. Bombing campaign begins.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The basis of Barry's War:

Obama-pen-phone.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The basis of Barry's War:

Obama-pen-phone.jpg

He's got a phone, a pen, and unrestricted authority to bomb anything he pleases.

Take another great big ****ing bow, 2007 Peace activists. Bravo.

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack" ~ Obama, 2007.

Hell, If we're going to play Assad's air force, we should just go ahead and destroy Assad's air force while we're in theater.

Edit: U.S. hit Khorosan b/c "it was nearing the execution phase” of plot “We took action when the plotting reached advanced stage" -U.S. official

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    That's a simplistic view of a very complex situation. People want to make this as easy to understand as possible so they can grasp the concepts. It isn't simple and it isn't easy.

I'm not saying it's simplistic at all. I said "it's not unreasonable to think.... " specifically because the one thing I'm sure about is that none of us really have any idea what is going on amongst different groups and what portion of the truth our government is telling us. It's hard enough to get an accurate news story reported on something that happens down the street. I don't believe we get even close to an accurate picture of what is happening in a culture very different from ours, and how we affect it.

The idea that we are going to just bomb our way out of it without creating bigger problems seems rather optimistic.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Obama didn't need congressional approval. It would have been a near unanimous yes. Could anyone imagine being a representative saying "no" to bombing ISIS over a month away from an election? That's why the GOP has been relatively silent about this.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Obama didn't need congressional approval. It would have been a near unanimous yes. Could anyone imagine being a representative saying "no" to bombing ISIS over a month away from an election? That's why the GOP has been relatively silent about this.

i think you underestimate the GOP. If your reasons were correct you would see them on TV saying, "Look, we would have approved it anyway--so that's what pisses us off so much that he broke the law! Again!"

I think the GOP are holding out for a more politically beneficial time to bring it up?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    i think you underestimate the GOP. If your reasons were correct you would see them on TV saying, "Look, we would have approved it anyway--so that's what pisses us off so much that he broke the law! Again!"

I think the GOP are holding out for a more politically beneficial time to bring it up?

If Obama was a republican, they wouldn't say a word. Democrats are just as guilty. Nobody cares when the law isn't followed if the president was in your party.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Now, this article talks about (our enemy) Hezbollah attacking (our enemy) al Qaeda.
    Hezbollah drones wreak havoc on Syrian rebel bases | The Times of Israel

For the first time in its history, Shiite terror group Hezbollah carried out a successful unmanned aircraft strike, targeting al-Qaeda-linked Syrian rebel bases near the northeastern Lebanese town of Arsal early Sunday, according to the Iranian Fars News Agency.

Some might just file this away under "strange bedfellows."

Others (mostly USian) will wonder why one group of ______________ would attack another group of ______________.

But, since INGO is far more enlightened about the subtle machinations of politics and religious differences, most people here will recognize this as one brand of islamofascism lashing out against a different brand.

Oh, and they're using some sort of weaponized drone, too. (Me burying the lede.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Must be effective, just saw this:

CNN BREAKING: Wife of British ISIS hostage Alan Henning says she has received audio file of her husband pleading for his life

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Salutes with a ****ing coffee in his hand.

ByPU8MBIIAAMw5A.png:large

Edit: CNN BREAKING: Key Al-Nusra Front leader Abu Yousef al-Turki killed in airstrikes, claims the group

Last edited:

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Hey for those that want boots on the ground, lets drop all the illegals over there. That way they can't come back easy unless they win the war.
    Option 2 what is the largest non nuclear bomb we have? No sense turning everything radioactive

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

He hasn't broken any law yet in this matter. He has 60 days to play with his toys before he has to go before congress or withdraw them from action. On the other side, there's absolutely nothing stopping the congress from reconvening and approving action on their own. They're choosing not to, (one assumes so they have something to ***** about at a later date). He'll only need to go before them if he continues past the 60 day cutoff.

Top Bottom