BREAKING: US and Allies hit ISIS targets in Syria. Bombing campaign begins.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • limbsonagrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    It's interesting to see how the majority of a once war-weary public is now all of a sudden in favor of military action after the beheading of Western journalists.

Personally, I'm not in favor of it, but even I found myself sympathetic to military action against ISIS; I just wish America would let someone else answer the Batsignal.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I did my 8 years and I'm above the draft age. My only child is a girl. Pass me the pom poms and I'll lead the cheers. It costs me nothing.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    What's different now? Just more bombings? Hand out a few more rifles and bullets?
    I caught crap last time this subject came up and I haven't changed my stance one little bit. IF we're going to war again(still) let's win the damned thing.
    We're NOT going to win the hearts and minds of these types. Why keep making the same mistakes over and over? You're fooling yourself if you still think they can be "bribed to like us".
    It looks like the politicians would actually give a sh.. about the ramifications of their actions and non-actions.
    Since we're opening the can of worms more then let's go well past shock and awe and turn the machine loose for real. Enough of this farting around and getting our youth killed and maimed.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You're getting deeper than this thread warrants. Yeah, we likely made ISIS. I understand that. This is likely not going to have a great outcome... but at the moment, I want these bastards dead.

and I'm saying that has other effects than the intended effects

It's not unreasonable to think THIS group grew out of our actions in Iraq or even that we armed this group while we were helping the "Syrian rebels"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Syria says it was told hours before airstrikes that the US and some of its allies would target Islamic State - @Reuters

RT reporting some dead civilians, including kids.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A French national was kidnapped in Algeria today by a group linked to ISI.They threaten to kill him if France keeps bombing.

France - Video shows Frenchman kidnapped in Algeria by IS-linked group - France 24

BBC News - France launches first air strikes on IS in Iraq

Man, I think they dislike, or should I say disrespect, the French more than us!

“If you can kill a disbelieving American or European — especially the spiteful and filthy French — or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State … kill him in any manner or way however it may be,” (source: ISIS Spokesman: 'We Will Burn Your Crosses and Enslave Your Women')

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    and I'm saying that has other effects than the intended effects

It's not unreasonable to think THIS group grew out of our actions in Iraq or even that we armed this group while we were helping the "Syrian rebels"

That's a simplistic view of a very complex situation. People want to make this as easy to understand as possible so they can grasp the concepts. It isn't simple and it isn't easy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pres going to speak this morning from WH before heading to the UN.

Also, I saw this AP hack last night. What a dullard

http://twitchy.com/2014/09/23/ap-re...r-cheerleading-for-obama-getting-facts-wrong/

Josh Lederman said:
    Involvement of 5 Arab nations in Syria airstrikes a major foreign policy win for Obama. Also helps him distinguish from Bush's Iraq War

And here's updates on last night's campaign

http://twitchy.com/2014/09/23/updat...tweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, what happened to that "Global Test"?

kerry.gif

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The Leftys are experts at ignoring reality. This little illegal war won't bother them. They'll just close their eyes, cover their ears, and wait for another good sound byte to recite.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So while we're cheering this latest round of unsanctioned military actions , has anyone thought about what we're setting ourselves up for , about what kind of monsters we're creating or what comes next ?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From CCWCooke:

Can someone explain to me on what possible basis Obama was permitted to order this action in Syria without congressional approval? I understand the argument for Iraq—the writ of perpetual war can perhaps take care of that. But Congress voted to arm rebels; not for this. Whether I wish for the United States to smash ISIS or not is wholly irrelevant to this question.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bets on who the first politician is that says: "I was for the war before I was against it."

I'm betting obama.

Top Bottom