Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Alternative interpretation you should consider:
    Matthew 18:15-17
    The use of "brother or sister" in these passages is obviously meant to refer to other believers. Church discipline would have no effect on people who did not believe in the church.

Hmmm... I'm warming up to this...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Islam, Christianity, Atheism, or what have you isn't deserving of respect. The people who follow those Faith's ARE, until they have proven to you, that as an individual, they are not entitled to that respect.

Right up until the moment you realize they are going to kill you (if you see it coming).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Right?! Calling someone a bigot because they disagree with having their kids ran over by a truck is a pretty simpleton point of view.
    Except... that didn't actually happen in actual reality.

At least not that I've seen. Please, do post where that happened.

But you're right, there are other words for people who have delusions.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Except... that didn't actually happen in actual reality.
    At least not that I've seen. Please, do post where that happened.

Seems to be a problem with "perception"..... common theme.

........But you're right, there are other words for people who have delusions.

Ah, I see.. delusional bigots...... sorry.... this is all changing so fast.
    Is delusional, racist, bigots next or have we already covered that?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I will not argue against self defense or defending others. Nor will I apologize for Islam - it's totally contrary to the Gospel. Nor will I try and sugar coat it and blind my eyes to the violence it professes. What I cannot do is state that all of it's followers are to be vilified and lumped together as dangerous and worthy of death. What I do take issue with is the hatred of our enemies. Again, for a non-Christian hatred of an enemy is a perfectly valid option.

Who said God doesn't know? If you think I did, check again.

Of the three, I'll take die. Joyfully. If you're not a Christian, then you wouldn't understand. (speaking to all of INGO, not you Spencer)

Why would I through away what cannot be taken away in order to keep something that cannot be held on to?

I'm pretty cool to social justice, what good is it to give someone comfort in this life, but then let then slip into hell in the next? No, the Truth must take precedence, and eternal life matters far more than earthly comforts. However, think about this, what better way to spread the Gospel among the Musilms than having them live literally next door!
    ill take hell for 300 Alex over being beheaded!
    believe however you want. But step aside while the men protect the village from the savages. I like my steak medium rare please.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    of coarse they did. We are a
    reactive society because people like Jetta knight and kut are running it for now. Soon to change and I hope the world follows us. We will put down these animals

There's nothing wrong with being proactive, but there are limits. I can't think of an insurgent movement that has ever been put down with indiscriminate killing. Well, not one that didn't employ atrocities (i.e. Nazis, Russians, Chinese, Romans). Obviously that's company I'd rather not keep.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    of coarse they did. We are a
    reactive society because people like Jetta knight and kut are running it for now. Soon to change and I hope the world follows us. We will put down these animals

Who are you going to put down and what will your criteria be for selecting whom will be put down?

It's easy to know who the target is as they're screaming ahlahoo-Akbar or running away from the crowd and a pressure cooker owner's manual falls out of their pockets. But what are you going to do before hand? What level of collateral damage are willing to sustain?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who are you going to put down and what will your criteria be for selecting whom will be put down?

It's easy to know who the target is as they're screaming ahlahoo-Akbar or running away from the crowd and a pressure cooker owner's manual falls out of their pockets. But what are you going to do before hand? What level of collateral damage are willing to sustain?

You sure you want that answer?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, uh GFGT, TT's already answered that.

I don't want to speak for him, but trust me - he's willing to accept considerable collateral damage.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yeah, uh GFGT, TT's already answered that.

I don't want to speak for him, but trust me - he's willing to accept considerable collateral damage.

I get the anger. I understand how, when a group of people of a common denominator are the perpetrators of death and mayhem would be viewed with suspicion by those of their announced enemies/targets. I am one of those that think it may not be such a good idea to usher into our country people that may have very well danced in the streets when the towers fell--especially if all they want to do is migrate. But I do not support what I think I read in posts like TT's.

People are people. We're all made in the image of God. We should be compassionate to those in need. But I don't think that means we have to put ourselves in danger by doing so.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Indeed - you perception of others has serious issues. Do you intend to do anything about it?

Oh, sorry.... I was trying to help you out there..... here, let me put it in song you can hopefully relate with.

[video=youtube;F9Nh84lfvW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Nh84lfvW0[/video]

That kinda depends on your future posts, doesn't it? ;)

I guess I need a accounting of where I currently stand on the spectrum..... let me check.... yep... none of the above. Bummer.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, sorry.... I was trying to help you out there..... here, let me put it in song you can hopefully relate with.
    Oh. Wow. Yeah. This is awkward now.

Somehow, you've read my posts in such a way that you think I care how I'm perceived. Talk about missing the point!

You should probably start over.

I'm just being me. Whatever perception you draw from that is on you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh. Wow. Yeah. This is awkward now.

Somehow, you've read my posts in such a way that you think I care how I'm perceived. Talk about missing the point!

You should probably start over.

I'm just being me. Whatever perception you draw from that is on you.

QFT Me too! Weird right?!

Top Bottom