Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How does someone who has been married four times get to deny a marriage license to anyone else based on "biblical" grounds?

Hypocricy much?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How does someone who has been married four times get to deny a marriage license to anyone else based on "biblical" grounds?

Hypocricy much?

Well.....the man has a point. One could say that she's standing up for her right to go after a speck while saying "what log"?

...if you get my meaning.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Hypocricy much?

So if you speed while driving down the highway, change lanes without signalling, roll through a stop sign or two or maybe that orange-ish traffic light....are you allowed to complain about the jerk texting on his/her cell phone?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    PaulF said:

She became a Christian 4 years ago (after her divorces) so this point is kind of moot.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She became a Christian 4 years ago (after her divorces) so this point is kind of moot.

I was wondering about that. Hypocrisy is condemning others for doing what you, yourself are guilty of doing. If you used to be a drug addict or adulterer and straightened out your life (removed your own plank) you are not a hypocrite by not condoning or speaking out about those that still do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was wondering about that. Hypocrisy is condemning others for doing what you, yourself are guilty of doing. If you used to be a drug addict or adulterer and straightened out your life (removed your own plank) you are not a hypocrite by not condoning or speaking out about those that still do.

This guy has a point.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So if you speed while driving down the highway, change lanes without signalling, roll through a stop sign or two or maybe that orange-ish traffic light....are you allowed to complain about the jerk texting on his/her cell phone?
    Complain, sure. Absolutely.

Block them from using the road? No, absolutely not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And the oath for a KY county clerk is not hard to find.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ______________________, according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State, nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.
    In light of the warped logic SCOTUS used to arrive at the decision that puts us where we now find ourselves, maybe this clerk thinks she is supporting the Constitution of the US and of KY.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Complain, sure. Absolutely.

Block them from using the road? No, absolutely not.

Can a parent who did something stupid and illegal as a teen forbid their own kids from doing the same thing, or punish them when they do said stupid, illegal thing?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In light of the warped logic SCOTUS used to arrive at the decision that puts us where we now find ourselves, maybe this clerk thinks she is supporting the Constitution of the US and of KY.

Probably and I agree that marriage definition should have been a state issue, not federal, but the ship has sailed on that. Like it or not, under our system, a Constitutional right to same sex marriage has been found to exist. She is free to disagree, as any private citizen is. What she is not free to do is an end run around the separation of powers and decide that her personal Constitutional definition should apply in an official governmental function rather than that of the Supreme Court.

Her sincerity may not be in issue, but being sincere doesn't make one's actions legal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Probably and I agree that marriage definition should have been a state issue, not federal, but the ship has sailed on that. Like it or not, under our system, a Constitutional right to same sex marriage has been found to exist. She is free to disagree, as any private citizen is. What she is not free to do is an end run around the separation of powers and decide that her personal Constitutional definition should apply in an official governmental function rather than that of the Supreme Court.

Her sincerity may not be in issue, but being sincere doesn't make one's actions legal.

Goodbye to federalism then.

Let's just do away with the fiction of the united States, and name the country, say, Denali.

And have uniform criminal and civil law, modeled, say, on New York State?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You've got a point.

You've got a point. He has a point.

I don't want it now. KEEP IT.

It's a point. You have it now. Be happy.

It's like I said before, that's not what she's saying.

The fair was over a week or two ago.

You have a point.

Top Bottom