• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    It's nothing short of amazing how many on this forum sit up nights trying to think of new ways to fabricate or sensationalize.

WalMart has not said they will no longer sell ammo. Period.

Exactly. Consider the source. The OP posted a link to WND.com. I love the Drudge Report as much as the next guy, but I've learned to ignore all links to WND. Their writers are a bunch of paranoid crackpots who will post anything sent to them.

So WalMart goes from continuing to sell "assault rifles" to pulling all ammo? Sounds like they skipped about 5 steps in between. Not even close to believable.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    I just called the corporate office and this is not true walmart has not changed their policy. They did say that some individual store managers have put orders on hold for fear of getting stuck with inventory if an executive order passes and they are unable to sell it.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just called the corporate office and this is not true walmart has not changed their policy. They did say that some individual store managers have put orders on hold for fear of getting stuck with inventory if an executive order passes and they are unable to sell it.

This makes considerable sense to me. I didn't realize it was on a store-by-store basis but I was under the impression that the organization as a whole temporarily suspended any further orders until they know what will happen politically that might prevent them from selling inventory once received.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Crony capitalism... just like how they pushed through the healthcare laws and bailouts. Government colluding with large businesses under the guise of free enterprise.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    They need to use social media and their webpage to communicate the truth to their customers. If, in fact, they don't want to get stuck with inventory (which makes no sense, since the ammunition won't be restricted... ok, maybe it will, but that would seem to be a ridiculous move), just say so. Don't let the fires be fueled by silence; any media person know that "No comment" equates to "guilty".

The store at Countyline/Emerson was pretty well stripped at 0730 this am.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    What a silly idea, first off ANY ammo walmart orders will sell out the first day they put it on shelf. Secondly if a law passes in 3 weeks that would restrict sales of ammo, it wouldn't outright disallow the sale. This doesnt even make sense, how could it be possible for them to be "stuck" with ammo, it would sell out the first day? And if the law changes then so be it, heavy tax on ammo or whatever, people will still buy it all.

Thumper1000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    My local Wallyworld is completely out of pistol ammo every day, they get an order in usually under 10 boxes per size and within hours it's gone, they have now started limiting each buyer for .223, .38, 9mm and 40 to two boxes daily this started this past Friday. BS

downey151

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Though I don't buy much at Walmart, I have no problem continuing to buy firearms and "routine" ammo there. Remember, they are the country's largest firearms dealer and they still have their roots in the South and in "rural" community... Plus, if I buy a Ruger American Rifle there for $50 less, Ruger makes the money, which is what I care about. When it comes to handguns, accessories, sport rifles, etc, I will always throw my business to my local dealer, but "routine" ammo and hunting rifles are part of Walmart's heritage and I still respect that part of their business (and I believe their executive management will respect it, too... eventually). In the meantime, breathe easy. Knee jerk reactions are what got us into this mess, let's not mimic the behavior.

Shutterbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    All my area Walmarts are always out. I've talked to the dept mgrs several times and they say hey can't get it in. Some have tried cutting POs directly to the manufactures to try and get it, but still can't.

I can't wait to see what "registration" is required to buy ammo.

I'm not even going to get started on how an 'executive order' is not a law according to our Constitution.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I used to get alot of my handgun ammo there when their 9 and 45 hundred packs were reasonable. I had started buying a lot of the federal 230 fmj as two boxes of that were cheaper than the win usa brand. Looked yesterday and they raised the prices on the federal, used to be 18.97bx and now the sticker says 20.35bx, it's not a deal anymore so i'll get it wherever. The 100 pack of 45 is now over 40.00 a box as well. Good thing I have a case coming that i'm splitting with a buddy!

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    I think I read that Walmart was the nations largest gun retailer... In typical fashion, they're plan (whatever it may be) will be to run smaller shops out of town.
    I do not do business with them, and encourage everyone to support their local shops and retailers.

Top Bottom