• HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    hmmm lets remain calm.

Walmart stopping ammo restocking - Page 2 - AR15.COM

just saying. It appears someone on the AR15 forums who claims to work for Wal mart says this is bogus. We might want to wait and see whats up. I am all about the anger, but we should use it for the right things, and in the right way.

i had a dept manager from an alaska store tell me this is real the other night. didnt believe her then but it seems to add up now.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I, too, heard it on the radio earlier today but like others, I think it's driven solely by the wait-and-see attitude. Walmart doesn't want to submit orders for all the ammo only to find out that the clown-in-chief changes the law such that Walmart can't sell and now they're stuck with millions of dollars of inventory.

Once they know more, they'll make a decision. This is not an anti-2A action on their part, it's strictly a decision point.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Walmart has not stopped trying to make a buck. I have heard this on the radio and read the article and I have not seen anything saying wal-mart will stop selling ammo. Just simply that they will not order anymore until they know what if any will be banned. Seems logical to me. They do not want to end up stuck with a bunch ammo that has to be destroyed because they ordered a bunch on monday and it became illegal on friday.
    I do believe that our gun and sporting goods store's should stand with us for this fight. Wal-mart is not a gun store nor are they a sporting goods store. As they always do they will stand with their money.
    Kinda makes me wonder with Wal-mart execs just coming out of a big meeting with Biden if they just might know something we do not yet know.

This is the first i've heard of any potential ammo ban? :rolleyes:

dweezil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fishers
    Got some 9 mm at lunch time today

If I had known this, maybe I should asked if they would suspend their 2box limit

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    This is the first i've heard of any potential ammo ban? :rolleyes:

If nobody is worried about ammo being banned then why can you not buy any?

As I said in my post if you had bothered to read all the way through it maybe Wal-Mart exec's know something we do not. I cannot see them making taking a political stance by pulling ammo off the shelves just for fun. There has to be some reason.

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    Does WM know something we don't? The recording of the call I heard to them the rep says "according to the federal gun control act, the new law the president is getting ready to enact". How would he know what is going to happen?

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Funny how the Walmart in Plymouth just started selling evil black rifles a few months ago. Now they are pulling the plug on everything. They currently have a Ruger American bolt in .308 in stock. It has a sign on it "Hold not for sale pending some BS" The same gun in .270 is ok to sell.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    It's nothing short of amazing how many on this forum sit up nights trying to think of new ways to fabricate or sensationalize.

WalMart has not said they will no longer sell ammo. Period.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Do you people have ANY idea the power Walmart holds over its vendors? THEY BEND THEM OVER BACKWARDS! And the vendors all say "Thank you sir! May I have another!"

Walmart isn't going to get caught flat footed in ANY way when it comes to merchandising. If it comes to the point that they have stock they can't legally sell, the vendors will come crawling to them to pick it up and give them credit for it.

Maybe it's time I put that bridge I've been holding onto into the classifieds...

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I just talked to sales guy he said that when he scanned the bar codes he got a return message of out of stock. I have yet to see any 9mm.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'm no economics expert, but if wal-mart did quit, wouldn't that dump all that ammo into the small businesses? Privately owned hardware stores, gun shops, etc.etc.? Promoting small business growth?

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    as soon as any bills regarding ammo does NOT get thru congress they will start selling again. they are just trying to make a positive public image to people who think guns are evil

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess I could boycott Wal-mart, but since I haven't bought anything from them since about 2001, I doubt they'd notice.

Top Bottom