• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I would have to do a small amount of clearing. I have a 15yo with a bedroom in the basement (Extremely heavy sleeper) and an 8yo and 13 yo on the second floor. MBR is on the main floor between the back door and front door. So I have worked out a plan to clear the path to the upstairs. Retrieve the young ones and then move to the basement. Not much of the house will be left to clear by then. As soon as the family is safe, I would utilize the escape windows and get them out of the house and lie in wait. If I see them I confront and use whatever force I need. I am not afraid to pull the trigger on someone just stealing my stuff if they take an aggressive stance. Do as I say and you will live, disobey and I make no promises about your lifespan.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    A few thoughts on the subject...

1. Clearing your House, AKA "CQB"...AKA "FISH" (Fighting in Somebodies House) is a TEAM sport, NOT an individual sport.

2. CQB is a PROFESSIONAL level sport, normally practised by groups who have spent significant time training with their specific team, and utilizing specific equipment such as; Body Armor, NODS, Flash Bangs, and mission tailored weapons.

3. CQB is HARD! Even when practiced by highly skilled and trained professionals against a mission rehearsed target, the blue team sometimes gets hit. This is not due to lack of skill but because only in Hollywood is someone "That Guy".

4. A professional when faced with the only option of solo CQB will think long and hard, and adjust his plan accordingly. Problem is the enemy still gets a vote.

5. Stuff can be replaced, people can not.

6. LEO's who have to clear structures solo do not get paid enough.

7. Defense is generally considered a stronger postion in most tactical analysis, if you are on offense you want overmatch (superior numbers, weapon systems, and training).

I am glad to see so many here have a plan, that puts you light years ahead of a potential adversary. We all make choices and will do what we have to, to protect those we love....make SMART choices.

your points #6&7 are undeniably true and accurate. I hate clearing houses, especially ones with staircases. if the bad guy knows you are moving around, guess what he's gonna do....bunker in and wait for ya. that sucks with a capital S and puts you at a huge disadvantage. it is what it is though. clear your house if ya want to. me, I'm gonna bunker in and wait for help....

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    With the exception of a house small enough that the hunker down room has eyes-on capability to all other areas of the home, how do you propose maintaining a defensive position while simultaneously denying the scumbags possession of your property?

How do you define "hunker down" as anything BUT stationary positioning in a single location?

My intention of hunker down was to secure the people in the house in a safe location and wait for the police to clear the house. You won't use the safe room if you hear a bird fly in to your window. You may use it if your hear that window open.

My thinking is that my gun is used to protect people I care about from bodily harm. I would rather not get in to a gun fight with someone over my TV or laptop. Speak softly and carry a big stick.

If I shoot someone, I'm basically writing a check for at least $10,000 to cover a lawyer and cleanup of the house. If I barricade myself in the safe room, then I'm out a thousand or so to have my door replaced when the cops break it down.

If people are thinking about, refining, and practicing their plans, then I have accomplished my goal with this thread. I am thinking about getting a weapon mounted light based on the video posted earlier.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    A few thoughts on the subject...

1. Clearing your House, AKA "CQB"...AKA "FISH" (Fighting in Somebodies House) is a TEAM sport, NOT an individual sport.

2. CQB is a PROFESSIONAL level sport, normally practised by groups who have spent significant time training with their specific team, and utilizing specific equipment such as; Body Armor, NODS, Flash Bangs, and mission tailored weapons.

3. CQB is HARD! Even when practiced by highly skilled and trained professionals against a mission rehearsed target, the blue team sometimes gets hit. This is not due to lack of skill but because only in Hollywood is someone "That Guy".

4. A professional when faced with the only option of solo CQB will think long and hard, and adjust his plan accordingly. Problem is the enemy still gets a vote.

5. Stuff can be replaced, people can not.

6. LEO's who have to clear structures solo do not get paid enough.

7. Defense is generally considered a stronger postion in most tactical analysis, if you are on offense you want overmatch (superior numbers, weapon systems, and training).

8. If you can't use grenades, don't volunteer for the clearing job. When clearing rooms/buildings, grenades are your friends.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I would have to do a small amount of clearing. I have a 15yo with a bedroom in the basement (Extremely heavy sleeper) and an 8yo and 13 yo on the second floor. MBR is on the main floor between the back door and front door. So I have worked out a plan to clear the path to the upstairs. Retrieve the young ones and then move to the basement. Not much of the house will be left to clear by then. As soon as the family is safe, I would utilize the escape windows and get them out of the house and lie in wait. If I see them I confront and use whatever force I need. I am not afraid to pull the trigger on someone just stealing my stuff if they take an aggressive stance. Do as I say and you will live, disobey and I make no promises about your lifespan.

Im kind of in the same boat. For me to get to the kids i pretty much have to "clear" the whole house. There would really only be the basement left.

Its not a small house and the layout makes it impossible to go the safe route and hunker in. Its almost certain that im going to encounter an intruder by the time i reach the kids

Jake

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I intend to use every trick to stun. startle, and incapacitate the intruders ability to do me harm. I have a weaver rail mounted light for the glock that will blind you at close range. finger tip activated while the trigger finger is out of the guard. I am exercising finger tip control to prevent shooting the family member who tries to walk in the house at night without turning the lights on. I am not above tossing an m80 into a room either! not quite a concussive grenade but has some of the same effects. have you ever heard one of those things go off in a house?

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I intend to use every trick to stun. startle, and incapacitate the intruders ability to do me harm. I have a weaver rail mounted light for the glock that will blind you at close range. finger tip activated while the trigger finger is out of the guard. I am exercising finger tip control to prevent shooting the family member who tries to walk in the house at night without turning the lights on. I am not above tossing an m80 into a room either! not quite a concussive grenade but has some of the same effects. have you ever heard one of those things go off in a house?

Might work but really kinda sounds "mall ninja" lights and fire crackers and all

Not trying flame u.... maybe u got those kinds of skillz?

Jake

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My intention of hunker down was to secure the people in the house in a safe location and wait for the police to clear the house. You won't use the safe room if you hear a bird fly in to your window. You may use it if your hear that window open.

My thinking is that my gun is used to protect people I care about from bodily harm. I would rather not get in to a gun fight with someone over my TV or laptop. Speak softly and carry a big stick.

If I shoot someone, I'm basically writing a check for at least $10,000 to cover a lawyer and cleanup of the house. If I barricade myself in the safe room, then I'm out a thousand or so to have my door replaced when the cops break it down.

If people are thinking about, refining, and practicing their plans, then I have accomplished my goal with this thread. I am thinking about getting a weapon mounted light based on the video posted earlier.

That's great, but it has nothing to do with the comment you quoted. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you have to move through a structure (even your own house) you put yourself at a terrible disadvantage. Only do so if you HAVE TO.

Tactics over bravado.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    You really haven't started anything. It's good to hear all sides of a debate, even when an opinion may appear to be irrational. However, I hope it was not your intent to start a "flame war" just for your personal entertainment. Having a differing opinion is one thing, but intentionally being a troll is totally something else.
    never had the sole intent of getting flamed, however, the rude remarks i received were unjust. not a damn person on this forum knows where i geographically live, what my house layout is like, and who else could be int he house. but it seems that even though i post an opinion, people take a little sliver oh whatever i throw out and run wild with it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    never had the sole intent of getting flamed, however, the rude remarks i received were unjust. not a damn person on this forum knows where i geographically live, what my house layout is like, and who else could be int he house. but it seems that even though i post an opinion, people take a little sliver oh whatever i throw out and run wild with it.

No more unjust than your original remarks. I wouldn't call that a "little sliver" you threw out. ;)

Like opinions, everyones circumstances are different. Just because someones defensive strategy differs from yours doesn't give you the right to call someone you don't even know a coward!

Don't act surprised by the reaction your original statement created. :)

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    No more unjust than your original remarks. I wouldn't call that a "little sliver" you threw out. ;)

Like opinions, everyones circumstances are different. Just because someones defensive strategy differs from yours doesn't give you the right to call someone you don't even know a coward!

Don't act surprised by the reaction your original statement created. :)
    indeed. guess i was quite hasty as i was pounding out some words.. ill edit such post and make it more understandable to my specific home defense routines. thank you for the remark.

Top Bottom