• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If he attacked an officer then he surely would have been charged with assault, resisting arrest, something of that nature. The news source I saw said that he refused to follow police orders to go inside his house. Is that the criteria for being a thug? Interrupting police officers and/or not following their orders?

Is Brandon Johnson a thug because of something from the brutality incident?

Or are people thugs because they break gun control laws?

Or are people thugs for owning plants and other contraband?

Does breaking any government decree make you a thug?

The reason this thread has been posted (multiple times) is because apparently it is a desperate shot at justifying police brutality on a 15-year-old. If we are supposed to believe he is a thug, then lets nail down exactly which one of his awful crimes made him such.

As far as I can tell, Brandon did not break down anyone's door, he did not confiscate anyone's guns, and he did not beat anyone's face in.

I loved the "gang related" charge is for having a scary t-shirt in his closet.

I also loved that police broke into the Johnson's home over an unpaid traffic ticket.

Land of the free.

This is why I don't own class III. they'd probably send in an entire panzer division if I didn't pay a traffic ticket.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't recall seeing the original incident, so here is the news coverage.

Someone tried to record the beating, but alas, their camera-phone was broken in half and smashed, rendering the evidence useless. I guess by default we should all believe the police. And as we can see from this current incident, he clearly doesn't believe in gun control like the rest of us do.

Teen claims he was a victim of police brutality -- fox59.com
    I guess you did not know that the phone in question was Brandon's, he had it in his hand and broke it when he fell.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If he attacked an officer then he surely would have been charged with assault, resisting arrest, something of that nature. The news source I saw said that he refused to follow police orders to go inside his house. Is that the criteria for being a thug? Interrupting police officers and/or not following their orders?

Is Brandon Johnson a thug because of something from the brutality incident?

Or are people thugs because they break gun control laws?

Or are people thugs for owning plants and other contraband?

Does breaking any government decree make you a thug?

The reason this thread has been posted (multiple times) is because apparently it is a desperate shot at justifying police brutality on a 15-year-old. If we are supposed to believe he is a thug, then lets nail down exactly which one of his awful crimes made him such.

As far as I can tell, Brandon did not break down anyone's door, he did not confiscate anyone's guns, and he did not beat anyone's face in.

I loved the "gang related" charge is for having a scary t-shirt in his closet.

I also loved that police broke into the Johnson's home over an unpaid traffic ticket.

Land of the free.
    Brandon was charged with battery and resisting. Brizzi decided not to file.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

They just showed Brandons mother's gun permit on the news and she is saying the gun they found was hers, and was legal.

Fox 59 News said:
    "I want to know how my client is in jail facing firearms charges," said attorney Steve Wagner. "When it was his mother who had the only weapon in the house and it was properly registered."

I'm surprised nobody else has commented on the "properly registered" gun comment.

Also, was the gun in the mother's possession at the time of the arrests? If it was in Brandon's possession, then it doesn't matter whether she had a LTCH or not.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Again since everyone believes that the news never lies:

The story: cop see's someone video taping altercation. Cop runs up grabs phone snaps it in half.

The truth: Brandon's girlfriend was taking a picture of brandons brother in the back of the police car and laughing. She drops phone and runs to brandon when she she's him getting thrown to the ground. Phone still works. This was brought up in trial by Miketavious, however the owner of the phone said it still worked and that she wasn't taking video just a picture and produced the picture she took. The other phone was brandon's who said he was dialing a friend and not taking video when he fell.

The kid is a thug because he's only 15 and a complete ****head. The good folks of the neighborhood hate him as when they return to their houses after they get off work there is nothing left inside. Rambone, even with your general disdain for the police, i guarantee if you sat through the piland hearing and actually heard the truth you'd see that jerry piland did nothing wrong.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    This whole thing smells awfully fishy. I'm not saying this guy isn't a scumbag...but they arrested him for HAVING AN OFFENSIVE T-SHIRT HANGING IN HIS CLOSET...:nailbite:

The article says the evil firearm was found in his mother's purse...in another room. And they brought 14 officers to arrest someone else at the house for a traffic warrant...then also happened to nab Brandon, who has had obvious run-ins with IMPD, for possession of a t-shirt. I'm not kidding.

I'm pissed that I just now bothered to read the article, because this is insane.

"Wagner said that Brandon was arrested for having a t-shirt that portrayed the violent death of a friend several months ago and for possession of a gun that belonged to his mother and was discovered in her purse in another bedroom of the townhouse."

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    ...yes i'm sure the arrest is based soley on a t-shirt.

And i'm sure his defense attorney is of the position that brandon didn't do it.

I too believe everything i read and accept it as truth.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    ...yes i'm sure the arrest is based soley on a t-shirt.

And i'm sure his defense attorney is of the position that brandon didn't do it.

I too believe everything i read and accept it as truth.

Clearly, you only believe words from police officer's mouths, who, of course, have never, ever told a lie.

Obviously he wasn't arrested for having a t-shirt in his closet, but that's the excuse the pride wounded officer from last summer gave.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If they found anything else on him, they would have paraded it around town for the next 20 years, just to save face for what happened last summer.

They arrested someone else in the house for a traffic warrant. They got the little **** because he had a t-shirt in his closet and because his mom had a gun in her purse in another room. Read the article provided by the OP. I don't know Brandon one way or another, and I don't care about him, but as always, I'm motivated by selfish reasons because I don't want to be arrested for having an offensive t-shirt or because my mom has a legal gun in her purse...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I completely agree with you.

this poor youth has been targeted by the butt hurt police department. After reading the statement by his defense attorney giving a 100% unbiased and factual account of what happened, i am in total agreement. We should drop these charges immediately. I am setting up a fund to get brandon out of this oppressive hell hole and send him up to "northern indiana" where he can flourish with like minded individuals.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I completely agree with you.

this poor youth has been targeted by the butt hurt police department. After reading the statement by his defense attorney giving a 100% unbiased and factual account of what happened, i am in total agreement. We should drop these charges immediately. I am setting up a fund to get brandon out of this oppressive hell hole and send him up to "northern indiana" where he can flourish with like minded individuals.

I guess you missed this.

I'm not saying this guy isn't a scumbag..."

And this.

I don't know Brandon one way or another, and I don't care about him, but as always, I'm motivated by selfish reasons because I don't want to be arrested for having an offensive t-shirt or because my mom has a legal gun in her purse...

But cool reply. I'm not going to lower myself to your tactic of word twisting. If you want to debate me on the facts laid on in the article that spawned this entire thread (remember?), then I'm down for that. But if you want to just be a ****, then I don't want to talk to you.

I didn't realize his defense attorney owned Fox59.com. If you want to drop your BS, just answer a simple question.

Why did they send 14 officers to serve a traffic warrant?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Have you heard anything about his brothers?

From the article to answer your question:

More than a dozen officers to serve such an arrest and search warrant is unusual but, given the intelligence that Terrell had been involved in other firearms investigations since his release from prison last September and the department’s history with Brandon, IMPD carried out the investigation with a larger group of officers.

That Mother sure has done an outstanding job in raising some damn fine individuals.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I guess you missed this.

And this.

But cool reply. I'm not going to lower myself to your tactic of word twisting. If you want to debate me on the facts laid on in the article that spawned this entire thread (remember?), then I'm down for that. But if you want to just be a ****, then I don't want to talk to you.

I didn't realize his defense attorney owned Fox59.com. If you want to drop your BS, just answer a simple question.

There are no facts in the article. The majority of the article is quotes from the family's defense attorney. To answer your question though using just the article...

"More than a dozen officers to serve such an arrest and search warrant is unusual but, given the intelligence that Terrell had been involved in other firearms investigations since his release from prison last September and the department’s history with Brandon, IMPD carried out the investigation with a larger group of officers"

Not to mention the fact that all involved are gang members, and all involved have several felony priors.

I don't really see the word twisting you refer to. My quote:

this poor youth has been targeted by the butt hurt police department.

YOU:Obviously he wasn't arrested for having a t-shirt in his closet, but that's the excuse the pride wounded officer from last summer gave.

i said butt hurt you said pride wounded. I apologize.

"After reading the statement by his defense attorney giving a 100% unbiased and factual account of what happened, i am in total agreement. We should drop these charges immediately."

YOU: Clearly, you only believe words from police officer's mouths, who, of course, have never, ever told a lie.
    but they arrested him for HAVING AN OFFENSIVE T-SHIRT HANGING IN HIS CLOSET...:nailbite:

"I am setting up a fund to get brandon out of this oppressive hell hole and send him up to "northern indiana" where he can flourish with like minded individuals."

I figured you guys would get along great... guess not, i'll refund the $500 in donations i've received so far.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When I think of "thugs" I usually think of violence/theft. People who break in to people's houses and steal things are thugs. As far as I can tell, this dude is probably a dumb teenage kid with dumb friends. But calling him a thug implies that he has victimized somebody at some point in his life. I still haven't been convinced that he has been involved in anything like that.

Also it would be nice if someone justified charging people with "gang related offenses" for having a tshirt in his closet. I mean seriously... This kind of crap is why people get so disillusioned. Illegal tshirts, give me a break. The Fashion Police strike again. Wonder if my closet will soon be raided by a rival gang looking to snatch up my guns and tshirts. :noway:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Ok you must have missed the fact that he pled guilty to 12 burglaries but was a suspect in many more. by your definition he is a thug. Again with the t-shirt thing. Keep in mind that the person giving all the information about the arrest is the guy's defense attorney.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ok you must have missed the fact that he pled guilty to 12 burglaries but was a suspect in many more. by your definition he is a thug. Again with the t-shirt thing. Keep in mind that the person giving all the information about the arrest is the guy's defense attorney.

Brandon or one of his brothers?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    both actually.

For the "horrible beating" incident. Brandon was the look out for his brother while he broke into another house...they both pled guilty the week or so before to the earlier burglaries, but since they were juveniles their sentence was nothing.

Top Bottom