• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superblade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Hello all!Does anyone have any experience with Bradley knives,especially the Alais models? I've been trying to talk myself into buying a Sebenza,but just can't bring myself to drop $300-$400 on one. I've seen the Alias knives on Ebay for way under $200 and have read that they are comparable to the Sebenza.Any opinions,other similar choices?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Bradley knives are excellent knives. Bradley does not make any of their knives, they have other companies make them for them with the "Bradley" name on them. The Alias models are made by Benchmade. The Bradley balisong Kimura models are made by Kershaw.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I too was in the market for a sebenza, and got a spyderco sage2 from Brad and couldnt be happier, there hasnt been a day go by since I got it that it hasnt been in my pocket, you can ask my wife!

The alias was also on the deciding list but I thought the sage 2 was a little cooler, but I may get one in the future, I especially like the damascus model...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The Alias is a good knife, and made from the same materials as the Sebenza. Personally, I think they're smoother opening too and feel better.

But, I really like the story behind the Alias the most.

superblade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    What is the story behind the Alais? Ididn't know Benchmade made those knives.Also didn't know that Kershaw did the butterflies.Those are two of my favorite brands.I edc a Griptillian and own many kershaws. I wonder why Kershaw doesn't market a butterfly under their own name? It would be a big seller for sure.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What is the story behind the Alais? Ididn't know Benchmade made those knives.Also didn't know that Kershaw did the butterflies.Those are two of my favorite brands.I edc a Griptillian and own many kershaws. I wonder why Kershaw doesn't market a butterfly under their own name? It would be a big seller for sure.

If I remember right, the history goes as this:

A guy wanted to get a Sebenza, constantly thought of the bar none top of custom high end folders. But, he was tired of all the distributers being out of stock and he beleived they were overpriced and thought he could put out a product that was just as good as the Sebenza at a lower cost.

He used the same materials as in the Sebenza, and succeeded in putting out a product that was cheaper with the same materials, and just as well built. The best part, the Alias was first made in, Indiana.

Between the two, I actually like the Alias more. It's smoother, and feels better in hand. And, I've never seen the tip off a broken Alias like I have with the Sebenza.

If I have the history wrong, please correct me.

superblade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    thanks for the reply M67.I wish there was a shop in the area that carries the higher level knives like Bradley or CR so I could handle them .There is an Alais on ebay now for $160 in half titianum half g-10 that I might just go for! I'm wanting to start getting into knives that are a cut above my common factory ones without going too deep-champagne taste on a Pepsi budget thats me:).I like the idea of seeing something that is wished for but unobtainable,then making one just as good or better for less $.Without China's help as well.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    M67, not exactly but close.

I got the story directly from one of the original bradley employees but as I was not involved in the circumstances surrounding the creation of Bradley knives, I'll forego sharing second hand information.

Suffice it to say, they are a good quality knife, you could do a lot worse.

Tinman....

wARx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    imho - I've had both for a good while and its really a toss up. The bradley flips open much smoother and has a nice clip. The build quality is on par. Its every bit a good as the CR. The sebenza kinda disappears in your pocket. I really like the clip. It has two dents that make it very secure.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom