• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I haven't been to that store in about 3 or more years, (because I don't live anywhere near it) but I liked it last time I was there. There were LOTS of long guns packed into that place (average size store) and they used to have a good variety of 7.62x39 ammo too.. I picked up a few samples that I didn't have yet on my last visit.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I could pull out of the lot with a purchase and someone could tell me that we are going back and I would still be excited LOL.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    My favorite are the people going to look for "all matching" mosins there.

iv never been there but have thought about it to look at some mosins since everyone says they have the largest selection.....whats the deal with "all matching" ones

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    That means the numbered pieces all match the receiver's number. "Force matched" means they ground off the stamped numbers an electropenciled it. "Stamped match" means all the numbers match but are still stamped (i.e, original to the rifle). The one to look at are the receiver, the bolt and the butt plate.

You do need to look through all of them because Bradis does have some that are rougher than others. Look at the bores, look for a counter bore (actually restores accuracy, but most people will devalue it slightly for being counter bored).

But for all the bashing I saw of Bradis' stock the other day, there are a few gems in there. I took a friend down at lunch today who was wanting one and after snooping much more carefully at the markings than I usually do, we not only found him a very very nice one on par with AIM's stuff, but it was double-dated and M.O. marked as well. Stamped-matching, too. ;)

Those guy's recommending AIM did have a good point, though. If you just want a nice one and don't want to pick through a pile to find a specific date or marking, ordering from AIM is tough to beat. Even with shipping and FFL transfer, it will be cheaper and AIM is real good stuff.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I used to buy all of my guns exclusively through Bradis, and I lived 2hrs away. Something changed about 10 years ago and I don't get the customer service that I used to. I still check things out from time to time, but I tend to buy elsewhere now.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The one to look at are the receiver, the bolt and the butt plate.

Don't forget the magazine floorplate, too. :)

When putting out the new stock of 91/30s, I have been making it a point to indicate "matching" on the tags of stamped-match guns, to make everyone's searching easier.

You do need to look through all of them because Bradis does have some that are rougher than others.

And we have been trying to price accordingly.

But for all the bashing I saw of Bradis' stock the other day, there are a few gems in there.

Yes, our sticker prices are higher than some other places, but we do have a crapload of 91/30s in stock, and we allow customers to go through them and hand-pick the exact arsenal/year/markings/etc, which for many folks is half the fun. To some, that's worth the added expense. For the rest, there's always AIM, J&G Sales, Bud's, MC Sports, etc. Judging by the numbers of those guns we sell, we must be doing OK. ;)

That said, we frequently run the 91/30s on sale, which puts our pricing much closer to that of the online shops.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    Don't forget the magazine floorplate, too. :)

When putting out the new stock of 91/30s, I have been making it a point to indicate "matching" on the tags of stamped-match guns, to make everyone's searching easier.

And we have been trying to price accordingly.

Yes, our sticker prices are higher than some other places, but we do have a crapload of 91/30s in stock, and we allow customers to go through them and hand-pick the exact arsenal/year/markings/etc, which for many folks is half the fun. To some, that's worth the added expense. For the rest, there's always AIM, J&G Sales, Bud's, MC Sports, etc. Judging by the numbers of those guns we sell, we must be doing OK. ;)

That said, we frequently run the 91/30s on sale, which puts our pricing much closer to that of the online shops.

yes i know what the matching stuff is i have a mosin, and have researched them to no end. it was worded as in bradis has no matching mosins but from what others are saying now obviously you do.....when is this sale:D

Top Bottom