• ...and so much more!
  • 762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I was the one who eventually actually had time to stop and figuire out that Minigun had been sold the wrong part. I repaired the firearm with the parts he requested. I even gave him a couple of free parts. I guess he didn't realize that he had already had a POLICE armorer look at his Glock because I also do that for the Marion County Sheriff's Dept. If he had been that upset when he left or had a problem with one of the parts I would have been glad to have taken care of it. CUSTOMER always comes first.

If I am one of the 2 that you would not like to work on your firearm that is No problem we have several other armorers and I have plenty to work on between the 2 jobs.

So IF your the guy who looked at me and said" sometimes you have to use a hammer to remove the trigger pin". Then yes you would be the second person. The standard slide lock lever was the other item I came in to purchase that day. You gave me a used customer take off slide lock, that I carried out. For that I do, and did thank you. You knew I was upset about it. That's why you gave me that ONE free part.

Using a hammer and the Glock tool is not prescribed procedure to remove a trigger pin. Glock specifically outlines this in their course, and in the manuals. You as a Glock certified armorer, who does this for a living , should know this too. The old tall guy pounded on my new $500 pistol for a good 10 minutes before he came out, and told me he couldn't get it out. I then had to remove the pin for him. It took all of 5 seconds, and did not involve a hammer. "Pushing the trigger pin from the side the slide stop is on, wiggle the slide stop as you apply light pressure on the hammer pin. The slide stop rests in a groove in the trigger pin to prevent it (the trigger pin) from walking out." If your that lazy and cannot wiggle the slide stop while pushing the trigger pin out, you have no buisness working on a Glock pistol.

I had a police armorer look over my pistol, and replace any of the questionable parts. The trigger pin was all beat up, and the slide lock bent and was dished out around the hole, from all the pounding. The pin was only cosmetically damaged, but the slide lock was destroyed. Guess this could be another reason why you gave me ONE used slide lock. This is the same pistol you supposedly "checked over".

That day it would not have mattered if you were Gaston Glock, you two were done messing with my pistol. That's the reason I didn't give you the slide assembly to perform a function check. A function check can be done with out the slide. I did it in front of you. I told you it was okay. Instead you rolled your eyes, unloaded, and disassembled your 27 , and used your slide to perform a function check on my frame.

Really I'm not mad at you at all. You were not the man who pounded on my new pistol for 10 minutes, the older tall man was. I'm not mad at the tall older man anymore, life is too short for that. I'm just not fond of the comment you made to me during his failed method of removing the trigger pin.

The funny part about this whole scenario is this. I carried the incorrect part in to exchange it. I told another guy behind the counter it was the wrong part, and produced the receipt. A simple exchange was all I was looking for. You could hold the two parts side by side and tell them apart. I do all my own work because of situations such as this. But the tall older guy just had to try fit the part himself. I very hesitantly allowed him, and this is what happened. Lets face it working on a Glock is not brain surgery. It does however take a little knowledge to do it the right way. Using a hammer is the wrong way.

We even stood around after the fact looking at the Glock parts catalog, they couldn't figure out what Glock model the trigger assembly I was originally sold went too. I know now it was for a G-21, only because I bought a G-21.

I should also point out the tall older man is not Walt. Walt was the guy who originally sold me the incorrect part. Walt is human and accidents do happen, and I completely understand how it happened. The shop was busy as hell when Walt pulled the incorrect part. All the pounding took place on Walt's day off.

I'm not knocking Bradis here they have some fairly good deals sometimes, and I tend to spend some money there. I will continue to spend money there. I am not happy with the way this was handled, and I was very unhappy at the time.

Folks considering having your Glock worked on need to keep this in mind. Make sure your armorer is certified. and will show you the certificate, and make sure they don't use a hammer on your Glock pistol. Using a hammer will void your warranty.
    Yes the older guy might have pounded on your pistol for a good 10 mins but you as the customer had every right to say,"Hey I don't like that and could you stop or ask for someone else to look at your firearm." You chose neither but instead stood there and let him.

I never in the time period I have worked there ever rolled my eyes at a customer. If you had gotten to me at all I would have simply walked off and asked another employee to take over or asked the Mgr to assist.

I am sorry that you were not pleased with your experience at the shop but there is nothing I can do about that now.
    I hope you have a nice day sir.

"Might have" huh? Why won't you just come and admit that he did pound on my pistol for at least 10 minutes. You know he did. You know it was seriously making me mad. Why would I stop him when he started pounding on my pistol. If the pistol frame or locking block was in anyway damaged, I'm sure Bradis would replace it. I mean he is a factory trained Glock Armorer after all. Right? Way I see it you two are no better than the Glock Dr.

You knew how mad it was making me. I even told you there was no need to use a hammer. Yet you made your "sometimes you have to use a hammer comment", and walked off to the revolver room. You stayed away from me, till you actually went in to help him. Also yes you did, you rolled your eye's. Too you, I was just another stupid customer that didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Guess what You got stupid customer who did know something after all.

But enough about that.

Like I said. I'm over it, and have you nothing to be sorry for.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm very surprised about this. I won't let anyone work on any of my guns EXCEPT Bradis. My friends and family feel the same way. In fact, my family and I have never bought guns anywhere else but from Bradis.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Nope

Yes the older guy might have pounded on your pistol for a good 10 mins but you as the customer had every right to say,"Hey I don't like that and could you stop or ask for someone else to look at your firearm." You chose neither but instead stood there and let him.

I never in the time period I have worked there ever rolled my eyes at a customer. If you had gotten to me at all I would have simply walked off and asked another employee to take over or asked the Mgr to assist.

I am sorry that you were not pleased with your experience at the shop but there is nothing I can do about that now.
    I hope you have a nice day sir.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have allways felt that if I see someone doing something to something of mine or hear it and I say nothing to the person doing it or tell someone else to tell them to stop then I am just as much at fault.

Top Bottom